DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to take an opportunity to introduce myself.

I bought a 2001 Intrepid SE back in June/July with no interest in knowing a lot about the vehicle... Just wanted to drive it to work and back mainly.

Well I didn't do my homework before buying and quickly started figuring out that I had to fix some stuff -- cooling system.

So, now I own more tools and possess more knowledge than I ever wanted, and it looks like I'll be sticking around for a while!!

If anyone has an OEM CD Player from their vehicle that they want to get rid of for cheap because they upgraded, I might be interested in buying it :D

Hopefully after I finish fixing/replacing stuff for functionality and preventive measures, I can start doing some modding and helping other people. Has anyone replaced their air intake system with the K&N J-looking system? Any noticeable gains/happy you did it?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,851 Posts
Might want to make new threads regarding the questions you have for the intake, etc. You'll get more exposure vs an Introduction thread.

That being said...the full K&N won't do much on a 2.7L other than making some intake noise when you put your foot in it. I had a K&N on my 2002 R/T and didn't notice any power improvement nor gas mileage improvement. I still have one on my 2000 R/T just because I'm too lazy to go back to stock at the moment. Another issue with the K&N air filter itself is cleaning it. You'll need the special cleaning spray to wash it then dry. After that you need the special oil to coat the filter to make it work like it should at trapping dirt. A replacement filter element runs around $40 when you can find one discounted.

For the "OEM CD player" you're asking about...are you looking for a head unit with a CD player in it? AM/FM/CD or AM/FM/Cass/CD? Or a 4 or 6 Disc CD changer that fits in the "Cubby" pocket under the factory head unit? If going with a changer you would need a factory head unit/radio that has CD changer controls. Seeing as how you have an SE you probably have a very base unit without an external amplifier.

Look at the radio around the display area and see if there's a 3 character code. Something like RKE or RAZ etc. Let us know what it is and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay. I definitely have a very base head unit. AM/FM/Cassette -- I would like AM/FM/CD. Cassette really isn't necessary but if I got one with all four options, I would just mod the cassette as others have done to be an aux port instead.

Don't get me wrong a cd-changer would be awesome but I really like that cubby and pretty sure my current head unit can't handle it.

3 character code is RAS (not Z)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts