DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a few days now and figured it was about time that I sign up and say hello. So, hello!

I just bought my Intrepid about a week ago at an auction, it's a '99 dark blue/purpleish colour, 2.7 liter engine. It's a great car, but has a problem or two, not to mention more than a few scratches and a couple dents.

I'm just so glad to have found this forum, it's an amazing and incredible source of information. I can't wait to try out some of the things in the 'how to' section.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Welcome! Please abuse the search function. Please do an engine flush and get synthetic oil running in that car ASAP. The 2.7 is the worst engine built for the Trep. You'll find plenty of threads about this on this site.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've read about how horrible this engine is.. I just put in some AMSoil in earlier today, and as far as the flush goes, I've heard that can be a bad idea? There's a risk of the sludge clogging when you do that. I've decided to run with the synthetic oil for a while, then do the flush.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Welcome, I'm all about seeing pictures :) How much did you pay at the auction?

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
Welcome to the site!,, its good to see another member with a 2.7,, with some love and care there a ok engine,, ive got 131k on mine, and im not afraid to go anywhere with it,,, so drive it and enjoy it,, we have a great bunch of guys here, who are always willing to help out
doc :beam:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome trepper!! Consider changing the oil every 500mi 3-4 times, I did that to all the used purchases and it really makes a difference. As fas as synthetic goes you'll have to be the judge on that, depending on the mileage and engine condition you may end up with leaks. Best of luck with your ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts