DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 94 Vision for parts. It's supposed to be loaded. But now I'm thinking of just driving it. It has 240,000 km, electric leather seats, (my Trep has driver side electric leather)working a/c (not verified), RKE, Otis 16" rims. Not sure if it is a 3.3 or 3.5 but I take it would be a 3.5 since it is a TSI.

I'm thinking now maybe drive the Vision and store my Trep

1) Would this Vision be without the mileage restrictor
2) Will the TCM/BCM fit my Trep.
3) Would the suspension be my sportier/tighter than the Trep?
4) I know that the 3.5 Trep has a plastic timing chain that needs replacing every 88,000k. What does the TSI have? My Treps 3.3 has a real metal chain and doesn't need routine maintenance.

Can someone please let me know anything they know about the TSI & ESI: Horror stories, recalls, trouble spots, suspension differences, dif in mileage between 3.3 and 3.5 etc. I'd really appreciate it. I drive about 30,000 kilometers a year and get about 10 litres per 100 kilometers.

Thanks,

·
Registered
931 Posts
Well the 3.5 trep has a rubber belt, not a plastic chain.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
TSI should have a 3.5 as far as being tighter, it should have the same as an es intrepid or a concord lxi

As tight as the ball joints and tre etc

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
What are the differences between an ESI and a TSI?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The same differences as an ES and reg intrepid.

Convenience and luxury items.

Auto air ,power seats both sides etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
The Vision would most likely have the performance tuned suspension (TSI), while the Intrepid ES had the Touring standard with Performance Optional. All LH's of that era were pratically the same car, any recalls/horror stories virtually apply to all of them.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
dakotaquadsport said:
The Vision would most likely have the performance tuned suspension (TSI), while the Intrepid ES had the Touring standard with Performance Optional. All LH's of that era were pratically the same car, any recalls/horror stories virtually apply to all of them.
True. They are all about the same car. The only differences are the options.

The Vision TSi is the best of the first gens in terms of performance. I thnk the PCM is unlimited and the suspension is tuned for handling. Some were equipped with Autostick as well. Basically, a TSi is an Intrepid ES with a firmer suspension and Autostick...... not to mention that ungoverned PCM if I recall correctly.

The ESi is a rather ordinary car. Nothing special over the Intrepid.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Cough* The Esi is special, still Looks better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Atleast Mine is, Mine came with power seat, heated mirrors, Remote Keyless Entry,, ABS and 16 inch polycast wheels. Which were not standard on A Esi

But Yes the TSi is the pinnacle of the first Gens.

Being a 94 I doubt it has Autostick since it only became available in 96 I believe.

The to see if the Vision has the unlimited PCM, you must look at the door jam, and see if the recommended tires were V Rated. Only LH cars with the PHP package and V rated Tires came with no limiter. Other than that ur Vision gonna top out at 115mph.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts