DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one, my name is Denis, and i curantly drive a Swift+S AKA AVEO LT
http://lowrider.cardomain.com/ride/702675
im looking in to geting one of the LH cars, 2 of my friends have them (intrepid RT, and the other has SE), i oreginaly wanted a 300C or Charger RT, but im only 17 and will never come up with that much money.

the cars i have in mind are

Intrepid ES 3.5L
Concord LXI 3.5L
Concord Limited 3.5L
300M 3.5L
300M Special

and i have some questings for you guys,
1. is intrepid RT a sportier virsion of ES, is it a SE with 3.5L?
2. do all intrepids come with 120Watt- 6 speakers, cd/cassete or is there also an optinal system?
3. does concord lxi/limited come with the softest suspantion of all LH cars, then intrepid, 300M following the 300M special come with stiffer sportier suspantion?

thats it for now, i hope you guys can help me out

Denis

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Hi!! and welcome aboard!!! Read this and it should help you a bit.......for any other questions, try using the search feature. Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You've come into the market at a good time! Seems to be a lot of 'treps on the market!
I don't know much about model/options, outside of the sporty-ness the R/T's have that the others don't. 3.2/3.5 is most desirable engine..
sSearch on this site for MotorSport edition-someone has a red one here and it's SHARP!
Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gazetowardthesky said:
Anyway you shake it, LH > That Fugly Chevy Aveo :p

I'd go with the concorde, personally, because I think they came with the most comfortable seats!
aveo is a good econo car, but ya the LH cars are better.

1 questing down 2 more to go, lol

1.do all intrepids come with 120Watt- 6 speakers, cd/cassete or is there also an optinal system?
2. does concord lxi/limited come with the softest suspantion of all LH cars, then intrepid, 300M following the 300M special come with stiffer sportier suspantion?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kcarlos2000 said:
Just that when I purchased my Intrepid I did not know all the models. If I had known I would not have gotten an SE with a 2.7. I would have waited and got an R/T with the bigger engine. Would have gotten leather instead of cloth, would have gotten ATC instead of MTC.
ATC?MTC?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Denis said:
and i have some questings for you guys,
1. is intrepid RT a sportier virsion of ES, is it a SE with 3.5L?
2. do all intrepids come with 120Watt- 6 speakers, cd/cassete or is there also an optinal system?
3. does concord lxi/limited come with the softest suspantion of all LH cars, then intrepid, 300M following the 300M special come with stiffer sportier suspantion?

thats it for now, i hope you guys can help me out

Denis
1) Depending on year, the R/T is different. In 00 & 01, it was built from the SE, however it came stock with the 3.5HO, autostick, performance suspension, 17" wheels, ABS, foglights, bucket seats, leather wheel & shifter and 120w stereo. Available options were traction control, sunroof, infinity sound, & leather. In 02, the R/T was the best equipped intrepid you could buy. It still had all the performance of the earlier models, but was available with all the ES options like the ATC.

2)The only intrepid to come stock with the 120w 6 speaker "midline" system was the R/T. I beleive the SE & ES both came with basic stereo systems that could be upgraded to the infinity system.

3)The intrepid ES & SE and the 300m came with the "touring" suspension. I'm not sure about the Concordes, but I believe they all came with this suspension as well. There was an option of the PHP(performance handling package) for the 300m that upgraded the suspension to the performance version. This performance suspension came on only one intrepid, the R/T. Finally, the 300m special has the "sport" suspension. This is the best handling suspension available on any of the LH cars, and is unique to only the special. There was also a heavy duty suspension on the police models, but we won't worry abotu that now.

I think that covers everything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
1) Depending on year, the R/T is different. In 00 & 01, it was built from the SE, however it came stock with the 3.5HO, autostick, performance suspension, 17" wheels, ABS, foglights, bucket seats, leather wheel & shifter and 120w stereo. Available options were traction control, sunroof, infinity sound, & leather. In 02, the R/T was the best equipped intrepid you could buy. It still had all the performance of the earlier models, but was available with all the ES options like the ATC.

2)The only intrepid to come stock with the 120w 6 speaker "midline" system was the R/T. I beleive the SE & ES both came with basic stereo systems that could be upgraded to the infinity system.

3)The intrepid ES & SE and the 300m came with the "touring" suspension. I'm not sure about the Concordes, but I believe they all came with this suspension as well. There was an option of the PHP(performance handling package) for the 300m that upgraded the suspension to the performance version. This performance suspension came on only one intrepid, the R/T. Finally, the 300m special has the "sport" suspension. This is the best handling suspension available on any of the LH cars, and is unique to only the special. There was also a heavy duty suspension on the police models, but we won't worry abotu that now.

I think that covers everything.
thank you very much, what is the basic system in the intrepid consist of?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Denis said:
thank you very much, what is the basic system in the intrepid consist of?
CD, 4 speakers, no amp. If you want to know more about some of the options on the R/T, you can click my sig pic below and it will bring you to my sig page. Theres a copy of my window sticker there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.