DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everything was fien last night...this morning the car wouldnt start...stereo works so the battery isnt dead...it acts like it wants to start...does the initial clickin...but it wont turn over completely to start...just the initial sound continues while turning the key...what could be wrong...starter?alternator?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also...i had a system put in a few weeks ago...my lights hit with the bass...did that have anything to do with it? i need to drive and i need help! lol pleaseeeeeee

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Did you check for codes? Try disconnecting the battery terms for a few minutes and then reconnecting.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i havent, i dont know how...i was thinking of disconnecting the battery...has it ever worked for anyone?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Here is how to check for codes

HOW TO CHECK FOR CODES

Disconnecting the battery for a short time works on a variety of issues. Give it a try.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Possibly bad ground or loose batt cable

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
What all was installed? Did you have an alarm installed too? Have you checked your battery voltage? Just because the stereo turns on doesn't always mean that there is enough juice available to start the car. Sorry, can't help you with the error code...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
two ten inch audiobahns and a 350 watt rocford amp

thats it, i dont think its the battery

i got the error code

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Check your fuses too.........I've never heard of this happening before.......

·
Registered
376 Posts
Before going nuts even with a code...The battery may run radio lights etc...but not enough cranking amps to start the car. First of all they had to run a line to you battery for the amp I would assume? If so I would undo the amp and charge the battery or jump start to see if runs. ALSO check fuses (PROBABLY fuse 7) and or relays before paying high repairs for nothing...usually cheack the obvious...hopefully this is the fix.

STBEAR007

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Yeah I'm not really sure why you're so against checking the battery here. It's not like it will take you hours to do or cost you 100s of dollars. If you have a volt meter it'll take you about 2 minutes and not cost a dime.

I mean if the car isn't even turning over how exactly is the crankshaft sensor supposed to get a signal during cranking??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
229 Posts
dude, i have to agree with the other guys. if the battery is low, it'll have enough power to 'click' the starter solenoid into position but not enough juice to turn the motor over. you need to start with the basics and get into the more (and less likely) complex later.

try to jump start it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts