DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha, I've been coming to these forums with a lot of problems, sorry guys, here's another one.

My trep is leaking AF from the seals (I believe), not the hose or nozzle or anything. Is there anything I can do? Or will the engine seals start to go and will my car be lost forever?

thx

p.s. If you need more specific info I'll fiddle around a little and get it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
head gasket might be something to look into. Get it fixed right away thou, antifreeze leaks can lead to trouble.

·
Registered
560 Posts
yeah find out which seals the fluid is leaking from...is it from the front plate (where the timing belt/waterpump/oil pump are? because the ring in the pump might be leaking...same thing happened to me) but like sk8 said...if its the head gasket get it taken care of ASAP

·
Registered
60 Posts
Which seals? i.e thermostat housing, freeze plugs. Next to or near what?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
MOST LIKELY... it is the Waterpump. the waterpumps on these cars is notorously bad... very weakly engineered. Problem is, if you have not replace the waterpump since owning the car, it is probably time to do that. For you guys with the 3.3, it is almost an easy job, compared to us with the 3.5 :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, well, I'll take a closer look this weekend and maybe bring it to the shop or something. I'll give you some more details as I get them

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts