DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i was driving and the light comes on the CEL. So i ignore it so the next day while im crusing again it comes on again so i check the codes and this is what i get.

12: i know its batter disconected

32** Open or shorted condtion detected in the EGR transucer solenoid circuit
(WHat is this and and info on it)????

66 No messages received from Transmission Control Module / No messages received from Body Control Module

(Also What is this and Info on it)???

And then i got 55 which is ending.

Im confused on what these are please any info please i appreciate it thanks :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
oh ****!!
That #12, you might just want to check out the cables and clean the connecters.( wire cleaner ) That code is a little wack if you ask me. If you disconnect your battery, that stupid codes comes out.

But the one with the EGR, that can be a little serious.

Is your car acting up in any sort of way??
Have you ever changed the catalatic converters?
Have you ever replaced your O2 sensors??

There is a reason I am asking this.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Code 12 is normal, Wutang must have had his battery disconnected recently, it won't show up after 50 key cycles. (On/Off)

As for the other... Get some help as soon as you can.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i had both replaced the claytic converter and the 2 o2 sensors they went out at 110k miles.

Im not going to even waste my time trying to fix it im just going to drive until it dies. And then HERE COMES NEW CAR :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
hey Wutang, did you have to replace both of the converters and sensors, or was it your option.

They went out, what does that really mean. Did the car have a bad smell from the exhaust? Did the car shake a little in idle maybe also??

I hate to say that I hope this is why your replaced them because I am having this certain problem with my car.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car was retarded when i got it it would shut of sometimes and would work. So i finnaly took it to the dealer and it was both sensors. As for teh Calaytic convertor.

When i was getting my exhaust done my freind the exhaust man told me i should replace my 3 calatic convertors to one big 3 inch one. so thats what i did.

What problems does youre car have bro?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I don't think replacing the 2 pre-cats and combining it with the main catalytic converter was such a good idea, from what I've heard the 2 pre-cats take out different emissions and do some other things as well.

I'm not entirely sure, but you should contact ur local dealership and ask them about it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey black94 ES THis is why i l;ove florida. Emissions what emissions you can run without cats in florida there is not inpections whatsoever. So have nothing to worry about and there was probably a little minimal lowend tourqe from this but not that much bassicaly when i got my intake my high flowing cat and dual exhaust the lowend torque sure increased.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Your torque INCREASED when you got a free-flowing exhaust??? Everyone with a dynaflow says they lost a wee bit of torque...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the reply im just going to leave the car the way it is not to repairt it.

And DJNGR i have 2 flowmaster duals runnign of one 3" inch cat. So i didnt looser low end but lost high end

1 - 10 of 10 Posts