DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wanting to take the srips off my doors but they seam to break if you pull on them to pull them off, i was wondering whats the best way to pull them off, it's kinda cold out right now maybe i should let it warm up a bit before i do this?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well you cant really use a razor blade on it i used my knife on it to start off with and get it pryed up a lil bit so i could grab onto it and pull but it just broke... I'll heat them up one day when it's warmer out and pull them off. what can i use to get the sticky foam stuff off?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i would use spiderwire fishing line, it like a metal coated in plastic but its as thin as fishing line.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
I would try OOPS. Maybe it will just wash rub/rub off. Not sure never ever took the stripes off.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Use a heat gun to get the tape soft. Use something like Oops or Goo Gone to get the worst of the residue off. Go over it with Mr Clean Magic Eraser to get the rest. Then take it to the car wash and get all of THAT residue off. Go over with a couple coats of wax. But I would wait til spring... unless you have a nice heated garage.

·
Registered
484 Posts
When I de-badge my car I'm going to be using a heat gun and fishing line :p

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i used that spiderwire fishing line, regualr fishing line kept breaking and dental floss was way to weak, then some goo gone and elbow grease to finish it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the strips off now just having trouble getting the gooyie soft tape off, i've tryed oops, goo gone, and a plastic puddy knife it worked best but there is this thin layer of stuff still on there and i dunno what to use to take it off...

·
Registered
1 Posts
use windex and that same plastic putty knife....the windex has a weak amount of alcohol in it...but not enough to hurt the paint...i used it on the pinstripping to get that same haze off after pulling them....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts