DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, as I was leaving for work, my car started acting funny. It was raining, and a bit foggy so I had my wipers on, and all of my lights (headlights and foglights). I came to the end of the street I live on and stopped before turning onto the main drag.

As I sat, I noticed my dash lights getting very dim, and my low voltage indicator came on (little red battery). I shut off my foglights and it seemed to help. When I gave it some gas, it also helped out. I ended up parking the car and took a day off of work so I could try to diagnose the problem.

I just put new terminals on my battery about a month ago, the old ones were shot. This sounds like it could be the alternator to me, but I wanted to get the opinion of some of you guys here.

I can't do anything to repair it until my wife gets home from work. I don't want to drive my 'trep and possibly make the problem worse so I have to wait on her car.

Any opinions??

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
sounds like alternator, voltage regulator should be built inside of it

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. As soon as the wife gets home, I'll be going to a good, close parts store to have my alternator checked. I already pulled it. I hope it's nothing more serious than that.

Although, I did get a call back from a local dealership today about a 2000 300M I inquired about a week ago...serious or not, it might be time to move up to a second generation vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts