DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in desperate need of help!!!! The Gas can in the trunk tipped over and my car is basically undriveable because of the smell. This happened last night and we thought it would air out if we made sure all the windows were down but that didn't help. Today I HAD to drive the car and now that its getting cooler here in TN I was freezing because all windows were cracked and my eyes were burning. Actually it didn't waste alot of gas but you can't tell by the smell. Please give me any suggestions. I cannot place my kids in that car or drive that car unless its a emergency situation. Tonight I have all windows down and baking soda in containers in front seats,back seats and sprinkled in the trunk (we removed the cover over tire and cleaned it to no avail). So please any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Janeen

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: MzNeen ]

·
Registered
530 Posts
just guessing but try some freebreeze fabric freshener spray :(

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thats not goig to help you might want to remove the carpet in the trunk either wash it down or replace it because youre just adding to the smell of gasoline when you put baking soda and stuff like that

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yeah strip the carpet and remove it and leave the trunk open all night, then wash the carpet... I know back in the old days they used to sprinkle lyme to get rid of smells. You might want to get some lyme and sprinkle it in the trunk?? Couldn't hurt. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baking soda is an odor neutralizer thats why I tried that and it helped but not enough. We did remove the trunk carpet where it wasted where the tire is and washed it. Febreeze cannot eliminate that odor. I guess we will have to get the entire car shampooed. :O(
Janeen

·
Registered
299 Posts
Damn, that really sucks. I gotta ask, Why did u have Gas in your trunk????????? THats not too safe is it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My husband was taking my relative some gas which was stranded on the highway. It was a 3 gallon container..... I'm thinking about a gallon or less was wasted. Tonight I am leaving the garage cracked so the car can air out and I also put the backseats down to help. I'm praying that the smell will go away. God is good so I know he here's my pleas.
Janeen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts