Discussion Starter #1
I was able to find a OTIS out of a 98 Concord, will it work on my 01 R/T

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Yup, should fit.

Looks like this?

If it does, then get it. It'll fit. Pretty sure the newer 2nd Gen cans take the OTIS from an older 2nd Gen...someone back me up on this. I know the computers changed, but I'm almost 99% sure that the OTIS will still be the same. As a matter of fact, you could get an EVIC...way cooler, but the OTIS still rules nonetheless.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not seen it. I was calling every junk yark in central NJ and found one in Trenton. However, the person in Trenton is getting it from another dealer. I am waiting for a phone call from him to make sure it has the sunroof switch. (If I remember, Thrasher cut his own switch into an OTIS that did not have one.)

This dealer said he can also get me the wiring harness and all for the low price of $75, not bad. I have to go to Trenton to pick it up.

Did your read my post on the ebay disaster.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
504 Posts
It *should* work, but if you get one from a 2001 300m, you will get a LOT more features. Take a look at Don's (dkrhardy) picutres in the members section.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Don Hardy said:
mine is from a new 2nd gen, don't know anything about the old 2nd gen.. Is there such a thing as old and new 2nd gen?
What I meant by "old" 2nd Gens is the one made before the computer change in '01...just want to make sure the OTIS made before the computer change will work with the new computer before he spends his money. He has an '01 Intrepid and the OTIS is coming from a '98 Concorde.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Belive me, If I could get my hands on a OTIS like Don's I would. However, having almost spent $220 on ebay for regular OTIS and after calling about 5 salvage yards in cental and northern NJ with no luck, I jumped on this one sight unseen.

Hey for $75, it's not a bad deal. Unless it doesn't work :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts