DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again, need some help.. I am having a terrible problem.. My windshield wiper arms are shot... Whever it rains or anything, they dont wipe my windsheild at all. They smear the rain... I also noticed that when I am going like 70mph+ the wipers actually lift off the windsheild a little bit.. I figured out that the springs in the arms are really worn.. When I lift up on the arm, there is no resistance at all... Is there a way to remove the springs and tighten them? If I can even get them off I can go to a hardware store and get new springs.. Anyone have this problem? The dealer wants over $100 to replace both wiper arms.. A little steep I think.. Please help guys.. Thank You..

PS- I put new bosch excel blades 2 months ago.. Still same problem.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Go to a junkyard and find wipers from another first generation model.

Get the wipers installed by a good local mechanic if you don't know how to install them yourself.

Finally, buy mopar OEM wiper blades. It's been my experience over the years with chryslers that they don't really care for all that high tech (Insert name of expensive brand here) stuff. For the most part Mopar stuff fits better and works better than anything else, it'd damn well better, it's the same engineers that made the car.

The exception to that rule is oil filters. You should use purolator pure one, pricey, but good quality. I'm getting off topic though.... *click*

·
Registered
121 Posts
96Concorde said:
Whever it rains or anything, they dont wipe my windsheild at all. They smear the rain...
Same thing here!:mad:
I'll try to get new blades and see if that helps. I hope I don't have the same problems as you do:confused:
Sorry to hear that:dozeoff:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i have bosch wipers too. very good wipers.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
97 sport platinum said:
i have bosch wipers too. very good wipers.
Me three. I have had them on all 4 of my cars. Well worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hey guys.. I am having the same problem with my blades too.. mine do it from 55mph+ :eek: if anyone get's new blades/arms.. that'll help this problem.. please reply back..

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
get a bra with air deflectors on the upper half. it helps a lot on the highway. also do a treatment of rain-x or something and you won't have to use your wipers as much.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I noticed the same problem with my car when I bought it last fall. I picked up some wiper tightening springs from Canadian Tire (Canada of course) for the wiper arms, don't remember the actual name but they will force the arm down on the windshield and to help at high speeds but not as good as replacing the arm. Cost under $10 for two.

Pro: Installed in under 5 mins and don't need tools.
Con: Don't look the greatest but are cheap and do help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts