DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get from the interior into the engine compartment? I'm trying to run the wires for my radar detector to the engine compartment, and I can't find anyway to get in there from the inside.

I know you guys who wire the amps to the battery or anyone who put in driving lights must have done this before. Any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you look over your brake pedal, there's a rubber grommet. You can force wires thru there.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yep over the brake pedal is the way to do it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Woohoo!! I been looking for a damn firewall hole for a looong time! thanx guys :)

My fog light relay was hooked up directly to my parking lights :) I cheat.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it's dark now, but is the rubber grommet for the brake pedal or is it a seperate grommet unrelated to the brakes?

BTW, thanks for the info...I was going nuts.:wink:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Bart said:

My fog light relay was hooked up directly to my parking lights :) I cheat.
I cheated for my foglights too. :p Remote triggered relay. :D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Mine used to be remote activated too, but i soon got totally pissed off the third time i had a dead battery from leaving them on so i just wired them up to my foglights... so much easier that way...

·
Registered
504 Posts
I forgot what it's for. Maybe for the brakes. But it's REALLY hard to get to from the engine compartment.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Intrepidatious said:

Oh goodie.:bored:

Thanks!
This is where you could take a hanger and straighten it. Bend a little hook at the end and tape (use a strong tape) your wires to it. Then use that to push the wires through. It is a little easier when you are dealing with a small hole to shove stuff through.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
big dam hole

Use the shifter cable hole this is the biggest rubber grommet close to the brake master cylinder. It pulls out from the eng compartment and you should have no prob getting a wire through the hole. Just make sure to protct the wire you are running so it cant rub through on the metal firewall and short out.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks OTTO, that's the one my brother told me to use...now if I can only find it. :crazy: :tongue:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts