DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got back from my lunch break at work. The key would not turn all the way back to get it out of the ignition. Right now it is in the parking lot running down the battery because I can't shut thwe ignition all the way off and have nothing here to pull the battery cable. Any help soon would be great. Right now I am starting it every hour for ten minutes or so to recharge it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same problem every now and then. play with your Shifter take it in and out of drive and park a few times and it will fix itself

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FTR, I got my key out. The park safety cable broke and I had to pull the steering cable and pop the pin with a 90 degree screwdriver. I did this once I got home. I had to start the car all night on and off so I would not loose my battery. On a side note. Any idea why the car would not start, no lights, nothing, for 3-5 tries then presto it works fine. I tested alternator, starter, and battery. No corrosion on battery cables, but once last winter and once this winter it did this. WHY?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Ah, 2 threads on this. I was confused for a minute.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah there were people listed as browsing both areas at the time so I thought they might be able to help. I now have it completely fixed. I did not need to buy anything either. I had to pull the housing from around the steering wheel. 6 torx screws. then removed the tilt lever. a larger torx screw. I then could see the mechanism and how the cable hooks in. There was factory grease around the switch going into the key switch, but it was all gummed up and durty. I hosed it down with PB Blaster (some of the best stuff). Then I worked the gear lever around and it worked freely again. Put all back together and it is like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts