DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a question that isn't really related to treps but i was hoping that otto may be able to help or anyone else that is very noligable with engine swaps. I am going to do an engine swap in an 89 daytona it has the 2.5l 4 but i am planning on droping in a 318 8 my question is this i have a line on a 89 chrylser fith avenue that is a 318 RWD setup and was wondering if anyone would know if the K-frame from the fith ave would bolt up to the daytona to suport the 318?? any help or comments welcome.
thanx in advance

Sean "wildChild" Wilson

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Actually check with MOPAR. I had a MOPAR order book from about 4 years ago and they sold the k-frame for the Daytona to accept a 318. If I can find the book, I'll get you the part number, but you might want to try calling them to see if it still available.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i have a mopar catalouge for a daytona RWD conversion kit but it cost 3500$ and they can't tell me what comes in the kit hehe
and the reason i'm asking about the fith ave is because i can get one that runs good for 100$

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I believe they are both "K-Cars", right? I think that it should be a bolt up item if they are.

I know the fox body Mustangs and T-Birds you could swap k-members, but I'd head over to a Daytona board or a "K-Car" board, they would have alot more knowledge on that issue...unless you get lucky and someone here knows?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx i'll try to find a daytona boara hey who knows maybe when i'm done i'll head down to NY and have your Fiero a go :)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Don't assume anything will bolt up to it but its factory components. Besides, I think the two vehicles have different wheel bases. Can you say "fabrication time." This project should keep you busy for a while.

Did you check if the engine and tranny will fit? I am guessing it won't without cutting the firewall.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually the engine and tranny will fit :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
If the k-member is a bolt up (and I'm not saying it is)...then you don't have to worry about wheelbases. Your'e going to have to get a custom driveshaft made anyway. (make sure you get it balanced!)

The Daytona V8 conversions I have seen are screamers. Just take your time and do it nice!

You'd be surprised what engines you can get to fit in some cars...

...just see my signature! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i saw the 350 fiero :) hehe well me and my dad bought the daytona a year ago with plans to drop in a 440 or a 426 but it got tossed aside for a bit because i'm restoring my 70 340 duster right now :) not bad for an 18 yr old eh a 74 swinger and a 70 duster and i have a 67 charger 383 and a 69 Road runner 383 on the way in two months lol. the whole reason i'm only going with the 318 is because it can make alot of power and i have 3 of them laying around my house hehe

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got to find some pics i know i have a few of the dart kicking around and maybe i'll put up some b4 and current pics of my duster
and maybe a few of my intrepid too :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts