DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When my 98 intrepid 2.7 reaches operating temp. my front non-abs brakes slowly start to drag until i can no longer drive the car. Everything on the system has been changed because the car sat for 3 years non op. except for the master cylinder and the proportioning valves. We have new pads, rotors, calipers, and brake booster ( it had a leak) and brake light switch (the brakes started dragging and i touched them and the switch broke) the brake fluid was all drained including the master cylinder and re-serviced with DOT3 Synthetic brake fluid. I also had the catalytic converters checked and they were both ok and changed both upstream O2 sensors since there is a lot of heat building under the hood and on the brakes. It has formed a glaze on the new rotors and the pads have turned white from all the heat. Please anyone have any suggestions or a sure or even probable cause ? Thank You:smileyvault-newhere

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
yep,,, go out and pull up on the brake pedal,, switch is out of adjustment, and letting the brakes drag ever so lightly, by pulling up on the pedal,, it adjusts the switch,, sounds weird,, but has worked a couple of times on here

1 - 2 of 2 Posts