DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got back from my lunch break at work. The key would not turn all the way back to get it out of the ignition. Right now it is in the parking lot running down the battery because I can't shut thwe ignition all the way off and have nothing here to pull the battery cable. Any help soon would be great. Right now I am starting it every hour for ten minutes or so to recharge it.:baaa:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FTR, I got my key out. The park safety cable broke and I had to pull the steering cable and pop the pin with a 90 degree screwdriver.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That's not cool. That sounds like one of those things that usually you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than that thing happening. Glad to hear you got the key out.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Dunno how I managed this but in my 98 ES I parked it, forgot to put it in park, realized it put it in park, couldn't get the key out & the steering wheel wasn't locked. I had to let the car roll forward, the the steering wheel finally locked, put pressure on the steering while turning the key back to get it out. Be aware without the engine running your ABS brakes don't stop you car at all so be ready to jump on the parking brake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts