DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Dodge Intrepid and the relay to the air conditioning fan motor went out so I pulled the relay(fuse under the hood) from the wiper location and put it in the air conditioning fan location which fixed my air conditioning problem.I knew my wipers wouldnt work because of the relay but the p-locks,trunk release button,radio and interior lighting doesnt work now.I checked all the fuses in the dash and they were good so I pulled the fuse/relay under the hood from the power sun roof which my car doesnt have and put it in the wiper slot and the wipers work,nothing else.I didnt mess with anything else other than that so I dont know why all the other has went out.It calls for a 40 amp but the original wiper relay was only a 30 which was the same as the a/c fan but even when I changed it back all the other stuff isnt working.Does anyone know what the problem could be?I even unplugged the battery to let the computer reset.Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ROBBINthaHOOD said:
I have a 99 Dodge Intrepid and the relay to the air conditioning fan motor went out so I pulled the relay(fuse under the hood) from the wiper location and put it in the air conditioning fan location which fixed my air conditioning problem.I knew my wipers wouldnt work because of the relay but the p-locks,trunk release button,radio and interior lighting doesnt work now.I checked all the fuses in the dash and they were good so I pulled the fuse/relay under the hood from the power sun roof which my car doesnt have and put it in the wiper slot and the wipers work,nothing else.I didnt mess with anything else other than that so I dont know why all the other has went out.It calls for a 40 amp but the original wiper relay was only a 30 which was the same as the a/c fan but even when I changed it back all the other stuff isnt working.Does anyone know what the problem could be?I even unplugged the battery to let the computer reset.Thanks for the help.
Uhh you placed a wiper relay in a AC relay spot? You do realise that all relays arent the same and they have specific circuitry in them for a purpose. Different things take longer/shorter to activate, stay on longer or shorter and several others. I highly doubt that the wiper relay is the same as the ac one besides the tolerance. You my friend may of fried somethings in those relays.

Go out and buy proper relays, for both the ac and wipers and see what happens. Chances are that will fix em.

If not you are SOL

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
How did you check the fuses? If it was a simple visual inspection, that may not be adequate to prove the fuse is good/bad. Use a voltmeter to test for voltage and continuity through the fuses...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts