DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got the Panther EMR 421 rims

https://www.bigwheels.net/index.php?location=wheels&action=view_model&model=EMR 421&bold_id=7556

but now i'm not left with enough money for the tires .... i want the ultra high performance tires .... 245 45 18 ...i wanted to get Michellin's Pilot sport a/s tires but now that i dont have enogh money for them i looked up the Nexen 3000 tires from ebay ... they are pretty cheap ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/P245-45R18-Z-NEXEN-N3000-4-Tire-245-45-18-245-45-18_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66476QQitemZ8066945346QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

let me know guys if these tires are good ... or if u guys know of any other good and cheap tires ...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey bro i'm currently stationed in Korea and Nexen is a Korea based tire company.From what i understand,it is a well known performance tire over here.But the U.S. could be different..For the price,i would just go with the package that bigwheels offers..

·
Registered
108 Posts
i put a set a Goodrich G-force KDWS 235-50-18 on mine 2 years ago. Overall a good, but not great tire. Very good traction in all conditions. They are noisy, esp now that I am down to 2/32". They also do wear fast; I kept mine balanced and rotated, and have about 25K miles on them. I would reccomend them and in fact I plan to put a set on again this year. Tire rack is selling for $75 each!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank ya all ... i think i'll be getting the nexen 3000 ... cuz i can spend $500 .... btw which kumhos r u guys talking bout ...
p.s. did u guys like the wheels?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
In2Deep said:
Ditto. I've also had good luck with my last set of Falkens.
I used Falken Azenis ST-115 tires last year. They were an awesome performance tire, but the tread life really sucked. They only lasted me one spring/summer season! Awesome performance tire though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mrcllusb said:
Hey bro i'm currently stationed in Korea and Nexen is a Korea based tire company.From what i understand,it is a well known performance tire over here.But the U.S. could be different..For the price,i would just go with the package that bigwheels offers..
how long do they last? ... are they noisy?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Khizer said:
thank ya all ... i think i'll be getting the nexen 3000 ... cuz i can spend $500 .... btw which kumhos r u guys talking bout ...
p.s. did u guys like the wheels?
I used Kumho Ecsta STX tires two years ago. They were actually classified as a sport truck tire, but a lot of large sedan drivers were using them. It had good performance, had average tread life, and were under $100 each. I used these with the stock 17" R/T rims and were an all-season tire.

I'm currently using Kumho Ecsta SPT (KU31) tires. These are an ultra high performance summer tire and I'm using them on the Enkei 18" rims. These are sweet ass tires! They perform almost as good as the Falken Azenis ST-115 tires I used last year, but about $50 cheaper. So far the Kumho tread life is much better, but only time will tell for certain.

P.S. Those are pretty sweet wheels. I'm a fan of the deep dish look and also a fan of the simulated bead lock.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I ran my Falken Ziex ZE-502's for ~40 miles. They were the predecessor to the newer Ziex ZE-512. They still had decent tread on them when I replaced them with my current Kumho Ecsta ASX's, but I had a tie rod bushing go bad which tore up the fronts before I got a chance to swap in new bushings. :(

As far as performance goes, the Falkens were a better handling tire, especially when it came to hard cornering. The Kumhos are good but not great in the handling department, but they are also a LOT quieter on the road. So, it's been a give and take thing I suppose. I ran them both year round, and they handle about the same in the snow. Never a problem in the winter either way! ...and they're both about the same price ($113-$117).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts