DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 125K daily driver '93 Concorde w/3.5, two yellow warning lights in the "message center", "Trac Off" and "ABS", are on. They are lit SOME TIMES when I crank and will stay on but may not light up next time I crank it. When they are lit, the traction control and ABS are inoperative.
Any ideas what I should start looking for?
Thanks!
-steve

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
hrrm...computer?
maybe brakes are worn to a point it's a sort of warning?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, if the lights come on when I crank it up, they will stay on until I stop and crank it the next time - ie; they won't go off as I'm driving.

Nope, not brake pads, I wouldn't think, as I've run 'em down to metal-on-metal before and chewed a rotor up and these lights never came on showing the Trac Control and ABS were deactivated. Current pads have about 5K on 'em.

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: 79lilred ]

·
Registered
530 Posts
This happens usually when the CAB goes bad, Controller Anti-Lock Brakes. The CAB is basically another computer that monitors all kinds of inputs. Basically your ABS system has failed, got no ABS it can't detect wheel spin so you got no traction control either. Time to go to your dealer and plug it in to fix it. So your CAB has seen something wrong and basically took a nap. You have basic 4 wheel disc now and no traction control. Your dealer can plug in and do diagnostic tests like at 5 and 10 mph to check stuff, etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, 94! Taking it in to the dealer is not what I wanted to hear. That $84 per hr shop rate get's expensive in a hurry!
Is there some sort of sensor at the wheels that many need adjusting. Seems to do it more when cool, like in the morning.

-steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts