DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gremlins have gotten into my car. The "engine" whines when I accelerate. Noise comes from the front of the engine where the pullys are. Not sure if its the engine or tranny or timing chain or....... any suggestions?

Also the drivers seat reclining mechinism is broken. When you lift the lever & the seat is supposed to come up against your back, it doesn't. It just drops to the back seat. Can I fix this, or do i need a new seat?

Thanks guys.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Just guessing here....

1. Noises could be pulley related. Remove your serpentine belts so that no accessories are turning, and try it. That should help eliminate the idler and or accessories themselves.

2. Does the seat not stay up at all? Isn't it a power seat? Have you had the seat recall done? The recall would be the first thing I'd look at.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In2Deep said:
Just guessing here....

2. Does the seat not stay up at all? Isn't it a power seat? Have you had the seat recall done? The recall would be the first thing I'd look at.

It is a manual seat. The seat does stay up. Only when I pull the lever to adjust the recliner, it falls all the way back instead of springing up.

I wasn't aware that there was a recall on thie seats. i just bought the car a few months ago. Is the recall related to the 2000 model year? How do I go about fixing this?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
virtueixi said:
From your title I was going to suggest kick that b!tch to the curb or slow down. :)

I think I should slow down cause the noise started after racing an Acura 3.2 TL (I think). We were doing 140Kms in a 60 kms zone. His car was faster. Now my car is paying for it with the whining.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Slick_1 said:
I think I should slow down cause the noise started after racing an Acura 3.2 TL (I think). We were doing 140Kms in a 60 kms zone. His car was faster. Now my car is paying for it with the whining.
It could be pulley/belt related as IN2DEEP mentioned. How old are the belts? If they look ok, try checking the tension of them and then look into the pulleys.

For your seat problem, I'm GUESSING it has something to do with the spring mechanism.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
virtueixi said:
For your seat problem, I'm GUESSING it has something to do with the spring mechanism.

I would guess that as well. Does anyone have any experience in repairing this? Is it repairable?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Hummm...did you ever have your seats repaired for that recall on the front seats???

Kinda sounds like one of the things gave way, but when you still try have it in place it holds. Very strange.

--Gorm

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't know there was a recall. How do I go about checking this? Just call a dealer & bring it in?

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Yah, have the dealer run your vin number. Then that will say if its been corrected or not on your car. :)

--Gorm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts