DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Help with 2000 Neon 2.0L 4-speed automatic

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  EagleScreen 
#1 ·
Hello friends. I have discovered (with the help of a professional mechanic) where my Neon is leaking coolant. It is leaking by one of the round plugs that you can see in the attached pictures. The leak is in the front right one, this picture is of the front left one. I see that there two in the front side of the motor block. Do you know how many are there in the rear side of the motor block? Other two? Are they the same (equal) the ones in front than in the rear? It is usually hard to find some parts for Chrysler cars in my country, and the mechanic (and me too) are having problems to find this parts for purchase. Do you know the name of these plugs? Do you know where to buy or any part number? Do you know if all are equal and how many there are in the back of the engine? I'd like to replace all of them.
Thanks very much.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
They're commonly known as "Freeze" plugs or "Expansion" plugs.

Here's info on RockAuto for them:

DODGE 2000 NEON 2.0L L4 Engine Expansion Plug / Set
Price
DORMAN 555025 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Nominal Dia.: 1-3/8"; Metric Dia.; 35.24mm; Steel; Height: 0.340"; Open End Dia.: 1.395" Info
1.375 in.

Don't know how many there are in the engine block. The above appear to be priced each. I'm assuming they're all the same size as if there was a set available with different sizes it would show the quantity of each and their sizes.

#4 ·
That looks correct. It's not clear if the price is per single plug though. The pictures show 8 plugs. You might want to verify that's a price for a single unit or all of them.

Again...I have no idea how many of them are in your engine. You should get under there and verify the number present.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.