DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad Intentions needs a center console.
Right now he has the six passenger setup but will be putting bucket seats in soon. I think the idea is to keep the shifter on the column and add a center console without a hole for a shifter. Any ideas would be good, even how to use the space where the shifter normally goes or suggestions for a console you know doesn't have a spot for a shifter.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
i was going to do that, may still do it, i was thinking about make a mold for a large cupholder and a spot for the cell phone to sit out of fiberglass

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's sounds good. Without the shifter there's alot of room in that section of the console.

·
Registered
500 Posts
How about using the cut out for the shifter and puting a slot load DVD player ????

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Take a stock center console, shave it smooth, put the ATC panel there, and put a DVD slot drive where the ATC was.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I've got dash mods going into the works very soon, pretty original, i know for a fact nobody else has it. And it's not the Kameleon i was asking about at Joe's either...

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I say put a console down there, maybe put a 12 dash cd player there, and some cup holders. Maybe the leather lid. Maybe a switch for the autostick.

--Gorm

·
Registered
458 Posts
well, depending on how creative you want to be......
cheap/easy- you could just fill the shifter whole of the stock console with fiberglass or bondo or something and sand it smooth. then either paint it, cover it with vinyl, or even put automotive carpet over it.

adding an aftermarket console would also be easy, but it will still require some custom work to get it to fit nicely. also, you're still going to have to find a way to cover up the sides where the front of the original console would have slide all the way up (like below the climate control)

making a custom console would be the most rewarding. it would be truely unique and you could make it to whatever specifications you want. putting a dvd player or tv or something would be nice, but that goes back to how much money you want to put into this project.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
alright, im gonna bite... whos console is that? It looks to be out of a 1st gen if im not mistaken.
SoundCheckProAudio's '94 comp. car.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I may have a full set of Agate cloth bucket seats, front and rear, [fully powered Drivers] with the FULL CONSOLE. These would be out of my 2000 Concorde LX w/48000 miles. ZERO SIGNS OF WEAR. No smoking/No kids/Some bad gas [ewwww]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts