DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a keyless entry system for my car. I went through a couple of diagrams and stuff, tested wires, and figured out what (I think are the right) wires to hook up for the lock and unlock buttons. I know it's hooked up to a good ground, the two power connections are correct and have juice when they are supposed to. But my question is shouldn't the wires coming from the module give out juice (to lock/unlock) when I press a button on my remote?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
It depends on the system. Some modules require relays to work the locks. I bought one from Autoloc and it had built in relays. I should have written down the wire colors. I know it was a pain for me to find them even with diagrams.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine says for options like trunk and something else that a relay is required but does not for the power locks. I'm assuming that they are built in. I just don't understand why the module isn't doing anything when I push a button on the remote.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I know when I did mine (almost two years ago) I had tapped into wires on the back of the fuse block. This was a pain in the ass because I had to drop the lower knee bolster to get to it. I remember spending so much time just to get to the correct wires that I could have easily paid someone else to do it. I think I still have the wiring diagram in the trunk of my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts