DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help.. the past week or so... I have been noticing my car shake, for example when I take off from a stop light.. under 30mph. Now just today.. along with the shake, I am hearing a thump thump thump faintly while the car is shaking.. like one of the tire is flat (which there not) but.. they are kinda tread bare.. anyone have any idea what this is.. I'm gonna have to get it into the shop to get it checked out.. plus get new tires.. but was just wondering if anyone could offer some ideas/advice. Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think you answered your own question-as the tires roll at slow speeds you notice the shake/thump and as you go faster it evens out...new tires are a must now i would imagine, of course it could just be that you threw a balance weight...if you do get new tires(the balance usually comes w/the price)be sure to check the balance of the other tires as well if you only replace 1 or 2-don't forget the alignment too-all well worth the money

·
Registered
502 Posts
Make sure all the lug nuts are tight. I had this problem 2 years ago when I was coming home one night. At slower speeds (around 30 or 40) it thumped really bad, and at lower speeds than that the front of the car shook a little.

Got it home on the floor hoist and it turns out the front right tire lugs where all loose. Tightened the up and it was gone the next morning.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys.. thanks for the advice.. but.. it wasn't the lug nuts.. they were all tight.. figured the guy who just did brake work on my car didn't tighten them.. but of course nothing like that is simple for me lol.. anyway.. I looked @ the tires.. I only see one weight on the tires.. aren't they supposed to be on all 4? & yes.. tires are gone.. so gonna get them soon if not next week.. need $.. ya know.. :rolleyes: any other possibilities let me know :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
see if you have a tire weight is gone i had the same thing and that fixed it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts