DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so because i'm pretty much blind, i ordered new headlgihts (thanks pimped3point3)And in the manual it says to remove the mounting screws and then remove the light bulb etc. well upon trying to do what the manual says to do, i found out that the cheap plastic that dodge used from taiwan cracked and now the mounting screws are pretty much not an option to remove the headlight, i need help any suggestions or real experiences with this that will help get those lights out would be greatly appreciated. thanks
:D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I started a thread like this about 4 months ago. There is nothing you can do. You could try some penetrating oil but I doubt it will work. The nut that is in the plastic sticks to the screw and the plastic yields before there is enough torque to loosen it. My advice is to break 2 out of the three and zip tie the housing back together. That's what I did and it works fine. Lamps are still steady as a rock. BE CAREFULL THOUGH!!!

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: Viprman ]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bread? please describe in detail what u did that would be great thanks. the weird thing is, on the drivers headlamp, i cn get two screws out but the one to the far left is the one that is stuck on the nut, on the passenger lamp the screw closest to the side of the car is broken aloing with the other long one the middles are easy enough ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, bread = break, but is there a way to take off the whole headlamp apparatus, i removed the two black bolts at the top and it became loose, but it wouldn't come out far enough any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts