DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I am having some electrical problems with my trep. My power window control was all gummed up, so I took it out and opened it up to clean it. I didn't use any liquids, I just scraped the crap off inside with a dry cloth. (but I didn't disconnect the control switch from the wire harness) Well, I got that cleaned up, and working (the mirrors were working fine)so I put it back together, and the next thing I know, half my electrical system doesn't work! My power windows work, and my power locks work, but only when I arm/disarm my car......the switches don't work. The fuses are fine though, because when I took out the power lock fuse, the alarm didn't open/close the locks. My Radio and internal lights dont work (dash lights are fine), and my chimes aren't working either. Turn signals, cruise lites, and headlamps are fine as well. I checked the radio fuse, interior lights fuse, power mirror fuse,....most of the fuses....and they are fine. Oh, and my power windows don't work either. What the heck is wrong with my car!?!?!?! I am testing the system with the mirror control switch/module out. I wouldn't think it would affect the electrical system by being out. BTW, the car turns on and runs fine, and the power windows work, so there is power getting to the fuse panel. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
THANKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Make sure you check EVERY FUSE in the fuse panel. I had a bad car audio amplifier and what happened is that when I turned on my radio it kept blowing fuses (never the radio fuse). Well after I figured it out it was the amplifier so I disconnected it. I still didn't have any gage cluster lights but everything else worked. Turns out the switch that turns on my headlights was bad. My headlights still worked but my gage cluster lights didn't work (that was kink of cool at night). Make sure you check EVERY fuse because the ones that blew were never the ones I thought should have blown.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are absolutely right! It was the interior lights fuse, NOT the radio fuse. I replaced it, and everything works fine again! But this makes me wonder....Why the HELL would the interior lights fuse have anything to do with the power locks, radio, and power mirrors??? That is rediculous, because all those devices have their own fuses!!! Does it control some relays or something? I dunno! All I care about is that it works again!

Thanks for your help Mopar4U!
Much Appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts