1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
That is old news. There is a new movie out called Highwayman that has the Ply Cuda SS with the same cross ram 426 hemi. Neat car 130 mph and low 11 right from the factory.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
JoeKD said:
wow, I heard rumors but never knew it was true

primer paint, non-adjustble seats and no warranty...I like it!
i cant believe you have never heard of them, they did both Darts and Barracuda Fastbacks in 68....they were built specifically for Super Stock racing, and they currently occupy an entire class, SS/A and SS/AA....now they run about high 8s/low 9s, record is around 8.72 at about 152 mph....there is actually an original one belonging to a guy in our mopar club

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
JoeKD said:
I have heard of them but never believed they were factory delivered unpainted and such, thought it was just car-guy urban legend
nope, they were built, then shipped out where they were fitted with the glass front end, then delivered in a two tone :)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOT ROD magazine used to be my source for car data! 'Way before the'net...

·
Registered
455 Posts
i saw that thing on tv, from what was said on tv. there was a dealer that wanted some really light race cars and placed an order for the hemi dart. mopar couldnt get it to work becaue the exhaust manifold was too close to the stearing column. but the guy at the dealer put a heat shield on the exhaust (the simplest solutions are often the most overlooked) any way, they said the he sent the idea bact to some one at the factory. they pushed it through in some kinda racing program or something. my facts may be wrong, but thats what was said on tv. that was when i was ten, and i had always hard the bumpers were aluminum along with teh front caps, and that they were all white. never knew they were fiberglass front caps and primer. I'd still love to own one. toss in a super charger, lots of nitrous, and umm.... some ricer stickers and wing to make it faste lmao!!! (note the ricer directed sarcasm) hehe that reminds me the other day a guy told me he put a wing on his toyots carrola because ti makes it faster LMAO i told him quicker mabey from traction gained from down force handle a little better for the same reason mabey, but faster no way in hell. that extra drag srops your top end speed, that that idiot actually said it made the top end higher. oh well, i still want a hemi dart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts