DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The only problem i have heard of. Was a soft ware problem, on some of the cars. Not letting the motor go into 4 banger mode on the hwy.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Well If i had a hemi I wouldnt ***** about it stalling. Now if it didnt start back up then you gotta *****.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
At least we don't have to cut holes in our fenders. Or remove the motor mounts and raise the motor to change our spark plug's. Early Novas, and F bodies with big block motors. And how many recall's does GM have this year 3 or 4 million plus.

Reactions: Avenger

·
Registered
646 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
At least we don't have to cut holes in our fenders. Or remove the motor mounts and raise the motor to change our spark plug's. Early Novas, and F bodies with big block motors. And how many recall's does GM have this year 3 or 4 million plus.
Yeah those big blocks were a pain in the ass weren't they... Poor little Mopar couldn't keep up with em':D

·
Registered
211 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:

I never had a problem with it on my 69. The FE engined Fords on the other hand were nightmares.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I heard there was a huge lawsuit (or maybe a petition) going against Dodge for the Durango. There was some woman that had to replace her engine 4 times and transmission or another engine part like 16 times in 2 years.. Damn I wish I had the article available. This was a couple years back when they first switched to the new sytle Durango's..... Anybody else remember this article?

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I heard this through the grape vine (at school). Chrysler had a bad batch of valve springs (too many impurities in the metal), and DCX told their supplier that it better not happen again (and they fixed all the Hemi's with the bad springs before they were installed in cars). The 2nd time the supplier screwed up, DCX quickly found a new supplier.

From all the experts I spoke with, Chrysler isn't ****ing around with this engine. They mean business. The 5.7 is a well thought-out, well designed, and well-built engine.

Astrogiblet said:
I heard there was a huge lawsuit (or maybe a petition) going against Dodge for the Durango. There was some woman that had to replace her engine 4 times and transmission or another engine part like 16 times in 2 years.. Damn I wish I had the article available. This was a couple years back when they first switched to the new sytle Durango's..... Anybody else remember this article?

-Brandon
If this is true, I'd claim either serious operator error (this isn't surprising, IMO, this is most likely), improper installation at the dealership, or serious manufacturing defect elsewhere in the drivetrain that caused a lot of stress in the transmission/engine.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Astrogiblet said:
There was some woman that had to replace her engine 4 times and transmission or another engine part like 16 times in 2 years..
I would have traded it in , or sold it after the first time. To hell with 16 times in 2 years. :wink:

Reactions: bongobobny

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
There is a website I saw something about that on. It was about dumb lawsuits, I think it was found that the lady was running without any transmission fluid or oil in her car because she thought new vehicles didn't need oil or anything. There was also some **** about a rearended accident where the lady driving was seeing how fast her car could go in reverse and hit a parked car, long story short the back of the seat collapsed and she is paralyzed. I say her fault for being any idiot.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
"Her fault for being an idiot"

Exactly

"They arent ****ing around with this engine"

**** no! They can't afford to because nearly ALL of their current advertising is based on the Hemi!! Not to mention a large percentage of their cars have Hemi's in them.

-Brandon

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stock04Intrepid said:
I heard this through the grape vine (at school). Chrysler had a bad batch of valve springs (too many impurities in the metal), and DCX told their supplier that it better not happen again (and they fixed all the Hemi's with the bad springs before they were installed in cars). The 2nd time the supplier screwed up, DCX quickly found a new supplier.

From all the experts I spoke with, Chrysler isn't ****ing around with this engine. They mean business. The 5.7 is a well thought-out, well designed, and well-built engine.
That must be why they cut the powertrain warranty from 7 years to 3 years. It really shows confidence in your product(lets see if some major secret design problem surfaces soon).

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Its cheap to produce? How so? Its bigger, has more metal, has bigger heads.. How is that cheaper? lol... It sells well for sure though..

-Brandon

·
Registered
211 Posts
Astrogiblet said:
Its cheap to produce? How so? Its bigger, has more metal, has bigger heads.. How is that cheaper?
Yes, it is cheap to produce. The 4.7 is cheaper to produce than the 318/360 was, and the new Hemi is cheaper to produce than the 4.7 is. It's called modern machining.

For a v8, it's also fairly compact, and extremely light.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
BadBob said:
Yes, it is cheap to produce. The 4.7 is cheaper to produce than the 318/360 was, and the new Hemi is cheaper to produce than the 4.7 is. It's called modern machining.

For a v8, it's also fairly compact, and extremely light.

You mean 5.7L?

-Brandon

1 - 20 of 94 Posts