1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
looks sweet, I want one.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That looks cool. I though it was going to have a silver ramhead decal on it?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hey Joked, the intake looks awesome! I was wondering if you need to make any cuts to the rubber elbow that connects to the TB.....?
The reason i'm asking is because i'm gonna buy the K&N Intake Kit and instead of re-using that restrictive-ass elbow, i'm gonna use the rubber elbow that is used in the L_Intake to connect to the TB. That way i'm gonna have the best of both worlds.....!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yes, I agree with Joked. L-Intake is the best way to go. Unless you modified the L-Intake to go down and have a cone filter under the car like 94 Intrepid has. So it would be nice piping all the way down. This would require moving the battery to the trunk though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Now that I see it completed, I'm glad I chose black as well. I found a place that sells "bumber paint" that is specially formulated for plastic. Just finished painting the two pieces.

Gotta like that stock look. :D

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Joekd - Did use a different hose connector on this one? I don't see the bend. Very good looking in black, too. Nice Job! :cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
The point is that it's specially formulated to stick to PVC. I've tried painting plastics before and it may look good but it doesn't stand up to the finger nail test. We'll see if it's up to the temps under the hood. What are we talking about 200ºF? After all, it's not sprayed on the manifold. Shouldn't be a problem. Besides, you know how hot the surface temp gets under the summer sun.

BTW, if only the primer was "high temp", you're no better off. The other paint is facing the hot side of the intake.

·
Registered
973 Posts
It doesn't get really hot, not like the exhaust, BUT I think hi-temp is a safe bet. And I betcha Joekd knew enough to use hi-temp paint if he used hi-temp primer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
There's got to be a drag strip somewhere near you Randy. Guess maybe I'm just spoiled having one 10 minutes away!

I've had my Lister intake for almost a year now and except being a little dirty and a little scratched by the stock intake support it still looks like new.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So where do you guys get the decals? I am going to start collecting the parts to build one for me. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
joekd...I agree. No sense in cutting corners just for a few bucks - a waste of my time. This "bumper paint" is not cheap. I was doing some assembly last night and an real pleased with it's durabilty. The Worth a look if doing more. An added bonus is that it comes in satin finishes - matches the nitrile better.

BTW, what have you been using to camfer the edges of the aluminum tube? I'm finding the Dremel 1/2" sanding drum works best, but is sure chewing up the sanding disks quick.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts