DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
damn, that's one shitty intrepid. it's so funny that most people i hear from have absolutely ZERO problems with their cars.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would like to know how the paint sworled, with "care to prevent it." The only way a paint job gets sworled is by using the wrong wax, I guess he must have bought some compound, and used that as wax?

I dunno, sounds like that guy had alot of problems, that I have never experienced.

I wonder what his driving habits were like? Just put it in gear, and hammer the gas?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Damn this guy hd many problems. see thats what happend when you dont maintain youre car on a regular basis this happens to many cars :rolleyes:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sounds like this guy didn't take care of his sh...stuff. Mostly his problems were fairly easy to fix and cheap. Besides, since it was a lease. How much did he spend? For the record my speakers are blown too, but otherwise a sound car with minimal repairs. And quick service :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
No kiddin. A lot of that stuff isn't the car's fault, his is own problem.

Balding tires? WTF was he doing, whipping shitties around corners and burnouts? C'mon. In this case, the owner get's no sympathy from me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 96 Intrepid that Ive had the "bucking" problem with, Ive had several things done to try to solve this problem such as having changed the trans fluid and filter(with the corrrect kind too)replaced spark plugs,wires,fuel filter, and guess what it turned out to be? Heads up! For those who dont know, this car has transmission fluid AND gear oil, The gear oil was very low and was causing this "bucking" motion everytime I took off on the car, It has been filled and it no longer bucks. For the guy with all the problems, my access tubes one of em anyway leaks and i dont worry about it, let it leak!

·
Registered
436 Posts
If I leased a car knowing I was going to bring it back, I would pound the piss out of it as well. That looks like what a lot of this was. You also have to admit Dodge dealers are not the most reputable and if this guy is telling the truth, these dealers were ****!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have a LOT of problems with my speakers. I think all of my front ones are blown, my drivers side speaker rattles (just started yesterday) and I have to balance it all the way to the right and turn the bass to -06 to get it to stop. I also have to shift all of the sound to the back to not get that annoying fade in and out that the front speakers do. But my POS sound system doesn't have a stock CD player. Some jack ass that had the car before me had a shiterific shop put that Kenwood cd player in. Its all loose and everything, so I blame the speakers getting f'ed up on the person who installed that kenwood cd player.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I must be one lucky guy then. when I got my Trep, the stock sounded great (for a stock). The car was a rental car for a year of its life too. now I got 4 of the 6 speakers replaced. (6x9's and 3.5") the door speakers are stock, are amped, and sound great for the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts