DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone nice forum.
I bought a Intrepid back in July, got it for really cheap. She has some interior and exterior defects but it drives/rides okay.
It's not my daily driver but I drive it a couple times during the week.

Don't judge me but I was a gullible person I knew nothing about these cars and I bought the car from my uncle clearly he knew nothing about the car either because he told me it was 2.7L but after checking for myself the other day I found out it's a 3.2L.

Intrepid's are timeless beauties.

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
Particularly if your uncle didn't know much about it, you definitely need to try to find out if the timing belt and water pump have been changed within the last 7 years or 105k miles, whichever occurs first (or at all). If not, you are at great risk of the belt and/or water pump failing and causing several hundred dollars of engine damage. You have been warned! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Particularly if your uncle didn't know much about it, you definitely need to try to find out if the timing belt and water pump have been changed within the last 7 years or 105k miles, whichever occurs first (or at all). If not, you are at great risk of the belt and/or water pump failing and causing several hundred dollars of engine damage. You have been warned! :)
Well I'll have to ask him. My uncle doesn't know anything at all about cars. But he did stay up on maintenance. I think he got confused between the 3.2/2.7l he's in his 70's.

He sold it to me for $600, plus it's not my daily car I have a much newer car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts