DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont mean to bore ya guys but here are some pics of my intrepid i have had for about 3 months,wasnt going to post any pic because i dont think it was it is is the same caliber as some the cars i seen on here,as you can tell it is NOTHING fancy just the base model with 3.3 motor,i do have a concern it s got 38000 miles on it ,iwas going to get trans serviced but the shop said it COULD cause problems because of the age of car not mileage(something about the detergants and fluid breaking down?????)he said to just keep driving and checking it,would you guys do that or just have it serviced??

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,480 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

Nice ride dude.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
1G FTW! :biggrin: Your cars looks to be in great shape - and only 38K miles!?? That's awesome.

When you say "service the trans", is it shifting strangely or giving you problems? There should be zero harm in dropping the pan and changing the fluid & filter. The line that they're giving you doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps he's not familiar with the transmissions in the LH platform.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Is that ah typo 38000 if it isn't very nice find and i think you may have the lowest mileage on this site and like MRBIGE said it wouldn't hurt it ah bit.
don't cut yourself short you have a very nice trep.

·
Registered
414 Posts
very nice ride,

Is that ah typo 38000 if it isn't very nice find and i think you may have the lowest mileage on this site and like MRBIGE said it wouldn't hurt it ah bit.
don't cut yourself short you have a very nice trep.
you can tell its not a typo from the picture of the cluster,, it says 038039

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys thanks for the comment,there is NO problems with shifting just thought it was do regular fluid and filter change but scared to cause of what the shop told me,was just wanting to stay on top of things,l.o.l,about the only thing i would like to do is get differant rims but the tires are NEW so i guess i will have to wait

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i got 35,000 on my 1st gen 95 corde. As you can see on my avatar. Well thats 1000 miles old HAHA. If you do change fluid i recommend atf+3 or 4. Nothing else. DONT USE MERCON DEXTRON STUFF. Great find by the way. Excellent condition

1 - 17 of 17 Posts