DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1996 Intrepid with the 3.5L V6. This is the first car I have owned (always driven trucks before), this is the first V6 I have ever owned (before this, the smallest engine I have had was a 6.2L V8, preceded by a 454cu (7.4L) V8).

SOOO... what do you guys suggest? What should I do to trick it out? I have heard you guys talking about removeing the air restrictor... what does that entail?

What mods can be done cheaply that will actually help?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, do a search through the First Gen forums on 'performance', 'chips', and 'power'. Those seem to be the most popular words while this seems to be the most reoccuring topic.

Anything that shows up in results of the search is most current to our Intrepid aftermarket at the moment. Trust us, if someone finds a new performance mod, we'll know about it here first.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
anubis, welcome to the boards. there is an aftermarket part for the 3.5L that just came on the market. it's a throttle body spacer (set of 2 since there's 2 TBs) kit that not only adds more space, like a tunnel ram on a carbuerated engine, but swirls the mixture to allow better atomization. go to www.poweraid.com and search for a dealer near you. they are retail and therefore each dealer sets his own price. i have some pictures coming if you want more info. there are i think 4 or 5 intrepids here that have installed the spacers. they seem to add power low-end thru midrange, to the tune of maybe 5hp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts