DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2K R/T on 12/03/00! Had 73 miles on it then, 7054 now.

Here's a list of my problems.

1) Haven't found that darn rattle in the passenger door. But it's going in for 7500 service, so they better find it...

2) That freaking scratch on my door... it wasn't there when I bought it...

Man, what a piece of junk... :D :D :D

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Sysman ]

·
Registered
407 Posts
I wish I had your mileage- picked up my 2001 on 2/3/01 with 3 miles on the clock. Its going in for its 30,000 mile service this Sat.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
sheesh, I bought mine on 6/8 and i have 5907 miles on it now, and i am really trying to keep the miles down on it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My secret is that I can work from home, usually 2 or 3 days a week, but sometimes the entire week. If I had to go in every day, I'ld hace at least twice as many miles. :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Yeah but whats worse... 15-20k a year on your highway miles... or 7-10k a year on my NYC rugged city miles?
:D

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Originally posted by BK:
I wish I had your mileage- picked up my 2001 on 2/3/01 with 3 miles on the clock. Its going in for its 30,000 mile service this Sat.
Hey BK, Looks like I'm not alone. My car had 6 miles on it when i picked it up on 10-28-00. And now it's going on 29,300 miles... what do you have done to your car at 30,000 mile service????

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've had mine for over a year and a half, and have 16K miles on it. Only because I had to make two trips across country with more than 1500 miles each way...

That's 6,000 of the miles in just those two trips! ARGH!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dj, now you know why I never take my car into the city. :D

Trips to New York are what trains and busses are for... :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by Sysman:
1) Haven't found that darn rattle in the passenger door. But it's going in for 7500 service, so they better find it...

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Sysman ]
I had that rattle in the passenger door...so I thought, until I found the real source.
When you open your passenger door and look at the side of the dashboard you'll see a cover that looks like the cover on the fusebox on the side of the driver's side of that dashboard. That cover was loose and made a really annoying noise for a two day old car. A good smack with the palm of my right hand snapped the cover right back where it belongs and never again made that noise. You may have a different problem but check that cover before you make anyone take your door apart!
Good luck! Let us know if that was the problem or not!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by Sysman:

when does it rattle? I know that mine rattled with the stereo cranked up, there is 2 holes for screws to go into, I only had one in each door so I added a couple, looks like Otto was not doing his job making my car. just kidding.

:D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Have you tried to lock or unlock your door with your key? When we first got our R/T, I noticed a rattle within about 3 wks of owning it. We had always used the remote to unlock and lock the doors. It wasn't until I stuck the key in to unlock the car that I discovered the problem (key wouldn't work on the door that rattled) Took it to the dealer for an oil change and had them look at it. A portion of the tumbler for the door lock mechanism had fallen off and into the door. I just thought it was a rock or something that had gotten in the door and was making the noise. Try and see if your key works on that rattling door. Hope you find it! ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm humbled by the concern over this "major" problem, the only problem I've had in the past year... :D

The thing is, I can't get over there while I'm driving! When I've noticed it and asked "passengers", I get..

"It's here".

"No, it's coming from here".

"I think it's this"... ... ...

I noticed the dash panel, when I was "banging around" once to find it, but that's not it. I did tighten it up, but it's a different noise anyway. I think I posted a thread on the "old" forum about this...

And I looked at the speaker, one of the first, it's that kinda sound. But it rattles when going over bumps, even with the radio off, like it's ever off...

And I did JUST try the lock idea, since I don't think I've ever used the key either. Nice idea, but no help...

Oh well, don't sweat it. The dealer will get his shot soon. If they can't find it, I may be looking for door blueprints... :D :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts