DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new.....

I own a 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES with a 3.2 motor
I'm thinking about getting a new exhaust system not too loud, but has a nice roar kinda like the sound of the new Camaro....any suggestions on what to get and how much it might cost?

·
Registered
555 Posts
there isn't much in the way of aftermarket exhausts if any for the LH series. cheapest easiest route would to get a "camaro" muffler for the single in dual out and add another tip to the passenger side

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new.....

I own a 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES with a 3.2 motor
I'm thinking about getting a new exhaust system not too loud, but has a nice roar kinda like the sound of the new Camaro....any suggestions on what to get and how much it might cost?
Damn, I hate to dissapoint you but there is no way you are going to get any v6 to sound like a V8. The v6 just can't get there.

It's like Honda trying to copy the patented sound of a Harley.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
welcome!

Bolt on a 300m special exhaust, or go true dual out the back, custom job. Cost will be 2-500 bucks, depending on what you do. There's multiple exhause build up threads around, do some searching for some ideas!

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Getting a special exhaust would be what I would do. Has a nice rumble but doesn't get too loud until the rpms climb up. I would assume that would be kinda expensive though.

My intrepid had the resonators taken off and the stock muffler replaced with a magnaflow one. Doesnt sound like a camero but sounds damn good to me!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it doesnt have to be a "Camaro" but i just want it to sound good with out being to loud...ive been looking at the flowmaster 40 series ...but im not sure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts