DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting Otto,

I'm shopping around for "new" 2001 R/Ts and have located 2. 1 doesn't have the Infinity System, which is a must for me.

From looking at the brochure, I understand this is like a $900 option. So I asked the dealer if they could throw it in, assumed it would be no big deal.

They came back and said no, that this is a factory option, and it would cost way more in parts in labor to install after the fact, than it was worth. I'm assuming this means new steering wheel, and lots of cabling, etc...

IS this true? Also hearing trip computers aren't an option on 2001s...

Wish I could afford an 02 to keep you busier up there, however lets look at it as I'm making room on the lot for you to ship them an 02. Besides I kinda like the 01 better.

Thanks for the info...

R/T Lust

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Well putting in the Infinity is a big job , just changing the radio will cost big money from the dealer .The dealer cost for the radio is like 600 U.S or something stupid like that .Then changing all the speakers to Infinity and then the Amp-forget it. Your dealer is correct it would cost way more than 900 to buy all the parts needed to change over.For 900 you can get a pretty nice aftermarket that would blow the DC system out of the water . Yes the overhead console and ATC were not an option for 2001. IMOP the 2002 is the best yet, chrome rims ,spoiler,ATC,OTIS and leather . NICE.Well good luck on your 01 search ,keep looking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts