DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

Sorry I have not been posting much in the last 5 or 6 weeks, but I decided to get divorced on Jan 22 and my life has been a little crazy since then. Dealing with finding a new house and dealing with real estate agents, lawyers, and most of all a manipulating soon to be ex-wife. Her definition of half is that she gets all the stuff and I get the bills. She tried to make me sell my Intrepid because she choose to sell her new car and keep our Mini van. I don't think so. I should be moving in to my own house at the end of march, it is sad that $300,000 is a real good deal for a 1600 square foot house in San Diego. But I need to stay here until my kids grow up, I don't want to be a weekend dad.

I know that I am older than most of you here, but let me give you a little piece of advise about marriage, I believe in it and I liked being married, I just could not take it any more with her. My advise is don't compromise on things. When I was dating her, I thought it was ok that she didn't like to do things that I really liked (you know I loved her and I could give them up) but after a while it starts to eat away you and things just fall apart and get ugly. I have two beautiful daughters that I now will only see half of the time, but it is better for them to see me happy by myself or with somebody else than miserable with their mother.

Trust me when I say this is a real good thing that is happening, most of the people who know both of us did not say sorry when they heard, but said congratulations and I should have done it a long time ago.

Thanks
Charles

·
Registered
383 Posts
Keep your mind on what is truly important......the kids. The last thing that anyone needs is to grow up not knowing their father. Who gets what and who sells what, although a bitter pill to swallow, is really low on the priority list.

I don't know you, but it sounds like you did the right thing. Kids really pick up on when Mom and Dad aren't happy. What is best for you is most often best for the kids as well.

I wish you happiness and most of all peace.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Charles,

I'm sorry to hear about your marriage, but congratulate you on doing what you felt was best. Sometimes people stay in a relationship that isn't the best because they are either too afraid of being alone or because of children.

I hope everything goes good for you in your new future and remember; you've got almost 900 friends and supporters behind you here.

Anthony

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Intrepidatious said:
I hope everything goes good for you in your new future and remember; you've got almost 900 friends and supporters behind you here.

This is true. That is very cool that you are putting the kids first. The kids will appreciate it later on in life, trust me. My parents are divorced and only one stuck around. Best of luck to you in the future.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news. I had missed your posts and had wandered where you had been. My parents are still together after 32 years but if they were divorced, I would certainly hope that both would be there for me and my brother and sister. You're doing the right thing by being close to your kids, even if it costs $300,000 (oooouuuucccchhh!!!!) Glad to see you back:cool:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have a friend whos parents divorced, and she is going through problems with relationships. She lives with her dad and never sees her mother anymore, and her dad works nights. She is always down and stuff now, so having both parents is very important even if you are divorced. So you did do th eright thing by wanting to live close to them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You need to realise one thing though, even though they say shared custody which means you get them about 1/2 the time, but it won't work out like that when they turn 17 and 18. If they don't live with you they won't see much anymore simply because you're not in the same house as they are. I know this because my parents are divorced and when I have a job I only see my father every 1-2 months simply because our schedules conflict, but it's alot better than living in a house with two parents that hate eachother. But if you felt it it was right then it was and I'm glad your staying in the area with your children it helps alot. Good luck.

-BobVila

·
Registered
973 Posts
Sorry to hear the troubles you're going through. You are right about it being the right thing (maybe), but only you can know. I hate to admit it but I went through the same thing years ago and now my life is a joy. Fate steers you down some dark roads but there may well be a very good and surprising future waiting for you. WELCOME BACK.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sorry to hear that this is happening to you, but as you have said this is for the better. I at least hope you guys can be civil with each other in front of your girls and always remember that you guys are everything to those little girls. But it sounds as though you have kept that a real top of the priority list issue. I hope things continue to get better for you! And take care of those little girls, a loving caring Dad is one of hte most valuable things in the world! Best of luck to you!
Jeff;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Charles,

One one hand, I am sorry to hear. I hope that everything you face goes as smoothly as possible.

On the other hand, I am glad to see you did what was right for you. That takes a lot of courage.

Any more advice for newlyweds? I have been married for a year and a half, and with 50% of marriages failing, I am always looking for helpful hints.

Best,
Vinny

:alien:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Dont be sorry bro you should be really happy.

Okay lets look at the good side of things

1. YOu dont have to hear anymore nagging and bitching.

2. You still get to see youre kids with out the nagging and bitching thats there.

3. Youre single and you know what that means.

4. You can have one night stands.

5. Party allnight long

6. Get laid more

7. Date as much as you want.

So i dont think you should be mad. Now youre living a free and single life:biggrin: :tongue: :tongue: :biggrin:

·
Registered
196 Posts
man I sorry to hear bout your divorce but it sounds like it is the best thing for you and for the kids. been thru divorce myself and yousee real quick how a woman can change (even if it isnt every 28 days). but congrats how having the balls to do the right thing that is best for you and the kids. FOR A GOOD LAUGH...... MY WIFE TAUGHT ME A NEW SONG MARRIAGE IS GOOD,MARRIAGE GREAT, AS THE WIFE SHE IS GREAT WITH NO DEBATE.........LOLLOLLOLLOL YOU KNOW WHAT THE POLL IS ON THAT . JUST THOUGHT YOU COULD USE A LAUGH no on a serious note man good luck and be well and alway remember we are all here and if we need to i think we all can pull together. and remember single life dude is great. and that the reason condoms come in packs of 3,7 and 12

they come in 3 for highschool guys, fri. sat. sun.
they come in 7 for college guys mon tues wed thurs fri .....
they come in 12 for married guys jan feb mar. apr.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Mathwiz

I wish you the best of luck in this...

I too am in a similar situation, seperated with her having the kids and me living closeby. I can see them anytime but regularly everyother w/e.

It is strange how money and possesions get so important to the ex-spouse. I don't have the house/furniture/appliances or anything . Oh well.I have my health...

Again, best wishes.

MedicMan

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know that it's tough right now - been there. You're on the right track though. You don't get a second chance to raise your kids. Never mind the ex's antics; the kids will make up their own minds when they're older. Keep your eye on the prize - them.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
sorry to hear about yer woes mathwiz, I too am in a similar situation with my wife.....but once our tax money shows up, i'm throwing her out of the house....she's been dwelling on the couch for the past week now...

i can't stand a lying/stealing *****, she messed up, she leaves...not me.

sorry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts