DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to the site.. i have been looking all over the place. You see i have just recieved a 96 intrepid from my parents, and was looking for some body accessories, etc, to put on my car to make it look more agressive. What could i do? BTW mine is the 3.5l es, and in case you couldnt tell im very new at this.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
well, welcome to the board. as i was explaining to a new member this evening there's very few aftermarket parts available. pretty much all performance equipment is custom work. i've never looked into body kits and not too many topics here have covered that. usually people are interested in performance and audio for this breed of cars. there is some easy stuff we can do performance wise though. browse around the site and you'll find two easy mods, a k&n air filter and removal of the air intake hose air restrictor cone. that is the two simplest things you can do. hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
holey cow.. and intrepid for a starter car from the 'rents? I started with an '85 pontiac 6000 with a 2.8L carburated V6. boy, the 87hp that I got outta that thing sure was great back then.. (i'm 20 now.. so that was.. ONLY 4 years ago? sheesh) too bad it threw a rod like... 6K miles after I got it. :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome 96IntrepidYouth, I did see a body kit being sold on EBAY for around 700.00 for the front dams, rear end, and side skirts. Plus you can order rear spoiler for close to 400.00 and hood scoops. Personally I think it takes away from the awesome look of the Intrepid and borders on "Rice gumbo". Thats just my opinion and we all all know what opinions are like. Anyway here is the link to it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=595297636

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you wanna make your trep look good, get some aftermarket rims. Not rice one, but some nice 5 spoke racing rims. They also cut down on the driveline loss.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys thanks alot. i checked out that body kit on ebay, looks good except for that weird spoiler. thank you, and i will be checking up on this site every day for news mods and other such things.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think it is a "sticker thing". The only thing they would do is reduce your overall weight slightly

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by 96IntrepidYouth:
well i did find this spoiler that i think i might buy... tell me what you think.
http://www.exoticwooddash.com/uci1670a.htm
If it overhangs the sides of your car like in that pic, than I personally think it looks shitty. If it doesn't overhang the sides, than I'm not sure what to think. :)

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Not my style, either. I like a spoiler that flows with the curves of the car and doesn't take attention away from the car itself. If you get that, people are only gonna see the spoiler.

That's just my opinion. If you really like it, get it, and don't worry what other people think :)

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepid99 ]

·
Registered
261 Posts
If u want some more options, go to my post "which spoiler looks best" in this same category. it might be a page back, but it has the 2 best looking spolers made for our treps [that arent universal] check em out, u might like one. IMHO, I dont really like that spoiler, kause it doesnt flow at all, although it depends on what your final look u want is...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
in regards to that body kit that was on ebay....there have been several posts on here in the 1st gen section that have all the parts that are on that body kit. u just need to dig back a bit.

heres the link to the thread here

and the link to the site is here -

body kits

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wuzup little man. So you are just 16 and have an Intrepid. Hey now you must have some cool parents. You have ??? about simple modification for your ride. Well I am some pretty good ideas. LETS TALK :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
An ida for raceing your intrepidgetlighter rims and take stuff that you dont need off but i got new rims and saw a diffents in my take off speed aout 10 sec.. if you have an good web site to hlp me outin finding parts pease e-mail me

thing im loking for:
Sun roof
intake
pipes
up grade to a 3.5 and gettting rid of my 3.3
wing
ground effects
neon lights /inside and outside lights
decale
rims
new fog lights
black outs or white head light o tale lights
window tint
lowing kit
stereo
speakers
amps
wires

if you can have anysite or you know any thing eles i should put on it e-mail it [email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts