DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like your ride omes' . Esspecially the interior. I thought you might like the looks of what I've done to mine as a sweet addition to your own. I don't know how long it takes for pics to be posted. But when they do, check out the shot of the wiper area. I painted the black plastic piece the prevents water from getting down on the wiper motor. I don't know what it's called but it trims out the space in front of the windshield. Anyway, it matches the body color and makes the hood look like it continues to the glass. Everyone around who's noticed certainly agrees that it completes the look of the hood. Thought you'd like that.

So, I've been struggling to figure out how you pulled those door accents to get them painted. I love that look you did, and even followed another's lead in painting my speaker covers. Anyone know where I can get directions pulling the door panel, and how about that mirror control?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
get a chilton's or haynes manual. my chilton's was 7.50 on ebay and 3.45 to ship it. can't go wrong. it has instructions for everything you could possibly think of.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thanks allot man. Yeah i wanna see how that windshield thing turnned out. To color or paint those thing you just pull them out they snap out where the buttons to move the window up and down. and also the ashtrays in the back come out also. as for the speedomoter area you have to do some unscrewing but its simple stuff you dont need no book. if you get confused just email me or something and i will try to tell you.

But try to hurry up and take those pics i really wanna see how it turns out. :eek:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank YOU Randy ;)

Much appreciated.

*everyone stands in ovation as much applause is heard throughout the land*

·
Registered
261 Posts
LOL

Hey, Dooley, nice lookin ride man... pretty clean [though I cant honestly say the cleanest... however on here yer up against some tough comp]

I like the color.

Question. How did you get that panel off?? my friend and I were tryin, but couldnt get by the wipers...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should be able to remove the wipers, Pull them up lightly to release pressure on the clip that you see very near the post. Pull up, strait up. The whole wiper arm should pop right off. You do have to hold down the very end with your palm as your raising it off, because the tension of the spring will tend to bind the precise fit of the arm over it's drive gear. CAREFUL! there is a key in there too and you don't want to loose it. Of course you noticed how there two very end screws on the panel are really like latches. Use a good plastic bonding promoter, and clear coat protect. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts