Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ideas to make it look better?

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh! You use the poll if you wish to pose a question to fellow forumites, such as..

X -Keep the original bench seats
or
X -Replace with lighter colored buckets and a console?

Probably not a very good example, but best I could come up with at 4:15am.
Each person who visits can pick one of the options you presented, and the forum tallies up the results!
Useful if you're not sure about something and want others opinions before you commit.
Help you out at all?

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Hehehehe, to be honest, I don't know of ANY changes I'd make to that car in the way of 'part swap upgrades'... but there are some really slick custom one-off mods that could really make that stand out. A well done Hood Scoop could look mean... A well done audio system... Racing stripes...

It kinds all depends on what you like in a car, really...

What do you see from other users that you like that you might want to either use as is, or use as a springboard to come up with your own design?

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
i wouldnt put a thing on that car. super rare!

·
15,449 Posts
i wouldnt put a thing on that car. super rare!
Hehhehee, even after my last post, I would have to second that! It is super rare, and as long as it isn't broke, don't try to fix it...

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Hehhehee, even after my last post, I would have to second that! It is super rare, and as long as it isn't broke, don't try to fix it...
you know if the mod bug has gotten him bad enough, he may as well find a blown 2.7 and have fun with that ehh? lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I do have a question. Anykind of modifications I could do to the exhaust system to get better mpg?

·
15,449 Posts
Eh, the easier it breathes in and out, the better mileage you'll get... I'm not a 2nd gen expert, but there are lots of guys on here that will be able to tell you about thier exhaust. Also, you'll get slightly better mileage by drawingin HOT air, not cold air - so rerouting your intake for hot air breathing will gain you a little.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Also, you'll get slightly better mileage by drawingin HOT air, not cold air - so rerouting your intake for hot air breathing will gain you a little.
Really? I thought it was the other way around. Nice car BTW.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not the best mechanic so I prob coudnt do it myself. I thought I could take it to an exhaust shop and have new ones put on. I was told that some of the Flowmaster or Magnaflow kits or systems would help.

·
15,449 Posts
A cold air intake will give you more power, due to a denser air charge, making the computer give you more fuel per stroke - but if you warm the engine and air faster, then you use less fuel per stroke, but get less power. It is NOT much of a change IMO, but there are some that will give you lots of numbers to support the idea - and I don't pretend to know them.

Just about any aftermarket exhaust system will likely breath better than factory... go find your oldest, grittiest, dustiest exhaust shop, and talk to the old guy that's been bending pipe for years, and see what he suggests and specs out... then go to the neat, shiny, fancy, newest shop, and get the same thing on paper... then decide from there. The Midas I worked at would hang duals with simple mufflers for 100 bucks flat - but that was 12 years ago - and that location only did it because of the old head tech in the garage would do it between standard exhaust jobs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts