DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my PCV Valve on my 3.2L(2-Gen), and totally forgot to twist and break the seal on the hose on th epcv valve before removing, and I cracked the hose from the tip and up about a 1/4 inch, Imean this hose was sooOo hard tho, wasnt like a rubber hose at all, I mean its not leaking or anything, I revved the engine from the engine compartment, with no noise, hose leak sounds, oil leaks etc..., just wante dknow I f I can still keep the same hose, and use a clamp on the pcv valve to hold it more "secure", for futures take?., Just wanna make sure, thanks!

P.S.-I know this thread is worthless without any pics, but I still cant upload these damn things,lol, the system says I cantupload any pics, that they are tooo big,(Which I tried cropping up sooo many times) ,and I only have 1 pic inmy gallery rite, dats it, any help would be greatly appreciated!

~LUIE-LU~

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Not sure about the clamp thing. You should probably just get a new hose. As far as the pictures go, just get a photobucket account. They're free. Just go to photobucket .com.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
That hose is plastic, not rubber, you have to be careful with it. I doubt you'll hear any hissing sounds as there isn't much pressure in the crankcase to make noise, but you will find that the engine will be covered in an oil mist all around it if there's a leak.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics still not working, Anyway, anyone have a part number for that hose that goes to the PCV-Valve on a 2-GEN 3.2Liter?.

Part #?, and Price?.,

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had to replace that hose, it is a dealer item though, it ran me around $12 or so...if you absolutly HAVE to, you can get a 2 foot length of heater hose from autozone, and it will work as a temp fix. Just get it in the diamater of the crankcase side, as it is smaller, and it will stretch to fit the pcv valve.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thansk alot man!, I appreciate your help , suggestion, and kindness, Thanks again! Kitulu!, :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not a problem...I found that little bit of info out after I broke the new pcv valve off inside the housing...overtorqued it...i kept expecting it to snug down, and it never did until i heard a crack, and when I went to back it off, it snapped in half...nothing like fighting with a dremel tool and a chisel for 6 hours to put shadetree mechanicing in perspective, lol :p

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WoW, Glad you came off good then partner, Wow,had be job there,!,;) Thanks!, goodluck with your ride man, ;)

·
Woober Goobers!
50,369 Posts
Luis, the part # for that tube is 4663961 and has an MSRP of $12.35 and discounted online $8.51. Of course after adding shipping to the online price you'd probably be back up to the same price as buying it from the dealer.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Thanks Ronbo!, Looks like I just fixed it for now, I wrapped a hose clamp around the PCV valve fitting,the crack wasnt long enough to be that bad, so it worked like a charm!, :), Lets see how it goes, :0 Thanks again!, If anyone can get my pics to post, then you guys can see, ;)

Any help would be great! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts