DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys and gals, kind of dropped out of, the fast car scene. Happy New year by the way.
Still got a crush on owning an Intrepid, but Road Tax and insurance is very dear in Ireland.

I had a minor heart attack Christmas 2009, had three months off work then I took redundancy in April, as it kind of went against my record.I working for Hewlett Packard for the last four years.

Bought a VW LT35 long wheel base converted into a mobile home, out of the redundancy, spent the summer, re-designing the inside.
Only used it one week end so far.
Hopefully this summer do a tour of Scotland.

Not worked since, just claiming benefit, hoping to start on a course involving CNC lathes and miller's, might lead to a permanent position.
Not a lot of work around for Electrician's or Technicians in Ireland.

Anyway I'll start looking in now and again, at the moment I'm on a ferry between England and Ireland, going back home after celibrating the new year in a city called Burnley Lancashire.

All the best and have a great 2011 :)

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheer's for all the reply's.
I been busy last week, as my daughter flew over to Ireland from South Wales, so been entertaining her.
We had a bit of snow here last Saturday, so we were stuck in the house, we also had a fair amount just before Christmas and temperates of -17 C ( 1.4 F ). Very unusual for Ireland, so many people don't know how to drive in it, also the use of winter tires are not common, as Ireland and some parts of United Kingdom seldom get snow.
Back to normal Irish weather, rain and gails.

Great to see you're pics of your cars in the above posts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts