DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys! I just recently joined your forum, but decided not to make any posts until i actually got pics of my ride. I'm glad to see that there's other people out there that see the potential of these cars other than just me! Well, on to my car, for those interested - i own a silver (is there a cool color name for it by chance?) 97 intrepid, with the 3.5, and a few mods, with many more to come. Currently i have slapped on some custom 18" motorsport rims, a custom intake with custom piping all the way back, a true dual exhaust system, custom struts (2" lowering springs coming soon!), i did a brake conversion on the back from drums to disc, installed a custom stereo with two 12" infinity's and a 1500 watt fosgate amp, and i also have a laptop mounted in the car for navigation, music, and hopefully digital engine modification in the future. I've put a lot of money and work into this car (other than mods, typical repairs as well) and i still have many plans for it in the future, such as rebuilding the block, throwing on twin turbo, custom paint, window tint, lambo doors, body kit, and droping it a couple inches. Here are some pics of the ride!

btw, i do realize that my exhaust is kinda crooked - it's not 100% finished yet. however, all it has left to make it complete is one more hanger on the passenger side, and minor tweaking to make it look just right. Let me know what you guys think, and i look forward to meeting/chating with you guys in the future!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks - i'm eventually going to replace the laptop mount with a more "customizable" one, so it doesn't lean kinda funny lol - i just didn't have that many options for angle and whatnot with the current one.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Welcome from Chicago! Looks like you have done some cool mods bro.

If you have any questions regarding your 1st generation Trep, the 1st generation guys are very helpful.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i noticed many people have been posting there current millage of there cars on this section as well - mine currently sits at around 215k - thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Wat Up from MN

Dub,
Welcome to the site. I hope you find like I did that the peeps here are helpful and kind.
I'm diggin the car, it's hot.
I just was at a bones yard I saw one just like yours that I'm goin to be getting all I can from. Hopfully mine will look like yours soon.
Again welcome.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Your ride looks nice. I would suggest adding autostick to your car its a great mod.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your ride looks nice. I would suggest adding autostick to your car its a great mod.
you know, i've been really wanting to do that, to be honest. how much work is involved in doing such a task? do you have to replace the transmition too? what about the linkage to the shifter.... other than the fact that the autostick is nicer for shifting in the car, the other reason i want that particular upgrade is so i can install either a stock or custom center consol in the car, so i can also upgrade the seats to leather without it leaving a weird gap in the front... any idea's or comments from anyone that's actually tried the autostick upgrade idea?

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
I actually installed autostick in my car. Like you said you will have to get different seats and a centerconsil but really the autostick is the TCM (small module that is by the battery) then a shifter, bezel for the shifter, and the cluster. You DO NOT!!! need a new transmission.

Autostick setup will run you 80-150.00
New seats - not sure on price
Center Consil - not sure on price

I'm sure someone will jump in but it should be easily under 400-500.00

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that deffinatly sounds reasonable - i'll be looking more into that for sure! as far as seats go, i have a hard time finding spare 1st gen leather seats, but i see second gen available everywhere - will those line up with the 1st gen without major modification? thanks!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
that deffinatly sounds reasonable - i'll be looking more into that for sure! as far as seats go, i have a hard time finding spare 1st gen leather seats, but i see second gen available everywhere - will those line up with the 1st gen without major modification? thanks!
I would reccomend secong generation concorde seats. The fronts will bolt right up with no mods, The rears take a small amount of work I believe but its possible.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Dub,
There are plenty of leather seats at the yards in my area. Both in tan and grey. I'd happy to pull a set for you. Just let me know when your ready to do something like that. N of course after I get the set of seats that I want.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dub,
There are plenty of leather seats at the yards in my area. Both in tan and grey. I'd happy to pull a set for you. Just let me know when your ready to do something like that. N of course after I get the set of seats that I want.
i appreciate the offer, but i'm sure it would be pretty costly to send them from your location to here. There's plenty of yards here in denver too, so finding seats shouldn't be that bad of a task - i've found several second gen intrepids with leather, i just never purchased them because i wasn't sure if it would line up - but now that i know it will, it'll probably be one of my next future mods, along with the autostick. once again, thanks for the offer though, and good luck with your search for your seats

1 - 20 of 22 Posts