DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm new to DI.net - a great place! Have learned tons already.

I just bought an 02' ES to replace my '99 base and I have a newbie-type question. I have an LED and sun-sensor on my car, a keyfob and grey keys. The LED does not light or flash after I use the keyfob to lock the doors (the horn does honk), althought it does light for a second when I start the car. The car didn't come with an owner's manual and I am not positive what the correct behavior of the LED should be. None of the doors/trunk are ajar according to the indicators.

It is rumoured that the service manual says: "After the vehicle is locked and the last door is closed, the set LED indicator in the top cover will flash quickly for 16 seconds, indicating that arming is in progress. If no monitored systems are activated during this period, the system will arm. After 16 seconds the indicator LED will continue to flash at a slower rate. This indicates that the system is armed. If the deck lid key cylinder switch is not sensed by the system, the indicator LED will remain lit during the arming process, although the system will still arm. If the indicator LED does not illuminate at all upon door closing it indicates that the system is not arming. Passive disarming occurs upon normal vehicle entry by unlocking either door with the ignition key/remote transmitter. This disarming will also halt the alarm once it has been activated."

This is not happening. Am I missing something? Should I take it in for warranty repair?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Was the problem BCM related?

I seem to recall a thread where they discussed the difference between Remote keyless entry and a Vehicle theft security system.

Unfortunatily I can't find it now???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts