DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, and am not sure how many of you are still around, but I have had my Eagle 97 TSi since October 2000 and she is a great car. It has just about all the stock options that where aviable at the time.

I'll post some pictures later, but I am curious if anyone has any links to websites for perfomance upgrades or modifications that I could look over.

I am currently working on a under body glow effect that will make the car look like its hovering as its driving at night. We will see how that looks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Welcome. :)

You can start by doing a search on this site. All the mods for the first generation Intrepid, Concorde, and LHS's will work on our cars. I'm afraid that there are very few aftermarket performance parts for these cars -- it's a shame. :(

Oh yeah, definitely post pics. I would do that but my baby looks like crap -- she needs a new paint job really bad. :tongue:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get around to some pictures in a few hours, Has a big dent in teh passenger side, which is too bad, but otherwise she is pretty smooth

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Not to mention that you have one of the best moderators of the boards around. Heh, just kidding. We are a wealth of information here, so dont be afraid to speak up if you have a question that you need answered.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

I have a question though.

When I go over bumps of speed bumps at under the required speed, when the front end comes down I here a "swamp" type sound, like air being moved int eh shocks, have not heared it before, but now its pretty common. I looked at the shocks and it appears that the bushing between the shocks is whereing down and coming off.

·
Registered
189 Posts
hey, welcome to THE site for the LH car platform!...always glad to hear about someone else joining the ranks of owners of these great cars...even tho I own an Intrepid myself I have always liked the Vision...I even looked at one or two TSi's before I bought my Trep but I got the best deal on the Dodge...(wish I could have floated the extra$$ for the Eagle, just couldn't at the time)...I just found out on this site not too long ago that the Chrysler 300M was actually slated to be the next Vision before they decided to kill off the Eagle nameplate...what a shame, that would have been an awesome legacy to a great car...as far as your front suspension goes, it's one area I have found to be something of a weak link on my car...I have been slowly replacing bushings and joints with urethane everytime it needs service...inner tie rod ends were the first item to be replaced...I then added a camber kit to the rear suspension so I could get a true 4-wheel alignment and each time I can feel the handling of the car get a little better...I am planning (hopefully) to do lowering springs soon and w/ that struts and all related bushings I haven't gotten to yet...and don't worry too much about how your ride looks right now, go ahead and post a pic or two...everybody loves that before and after thing...enjoy your new toy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts