DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
.
Joined
·
9,861 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
>How much of a difference do you think one would notice after changing it?

About as much as adding ¼ lb of air to your tires. It's just not going to be anything dramatic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the answers.

Should I change it per manu scheludely or leave it as is?

Thanks again.
 

·
.
Joined
·
9,861 Posts
If you have never changed it, drain it out, and put in some Mobil 1 75w90. That should last you a pretty long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hypnos said:
If you have never changed it, drain it out, and put in some Mobil 1 75w90. That should last you a pretty long time.
Should I go to dealer or change it myself? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
Why does Chrysler specifically state not to use synthetic in the differential? I would assume the synthetic can only perform better than standard oil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
I got mine done at some speedy lube place but i'm going to try and pick up some of that mobil stuff and do it myself after winter :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Any idea how much 80W90 one should buy in order to replace the differential fluid?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
I believe it holds a qt. I have Amsoil synthetic diff. fluid in mine and have also installed the vent tube fix. Just my $0.02.

FredB
 

·
.
Joined
·
9,861 Posts
Chrysler does say not to use synthetic diff fluid. But many have anyway, and I haven't heard of a single problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Car Quest has limited slip 80W90 and 80W90 that can only be used to top off limited slip... what's the difference and what should I use?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,503 Posts
Maybe I should change mine. I have just over 68k and never changed it.

Hmmmmmmmm.....something else to do in the spring I guess.

front pads and rotors.....check
struts on all four corners...check
diffy fluid....check
finally get to install some of my mods...check


Damn it! Won't spring get here!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
LeadFootLee said:
I got mine done at some speedy lube place but i'm going to try and pick up some of that mobil stuff and do it myself after winter :)
I asked the lube place to do my diff fluid today while I got the oil changed, and the idiot told me I didn't have a differential since the trep is FWD. Duh.

The scary thing is, I then let him change the serpentine belt for me. :doh:

Dave
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,553 Posts
Yes, it DOES have a differential...even though it is a FWD car! Good thing they didn't do it then, since they obviously are clueless! Find someone who knows what they are working on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Another reason for DIY! Reminds me of the time I bought some snow tires at Sears for my 66 Toronado. Hade a hell of a time getting the idiots to put them on the front. Just my $0.02.

FredB
 

·
Mopar or No Car
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
FredB said:
Another reason for DIY! Reminds me of the time I bought some snow tires at Sears for my 66 Toronado. Hade a hell of a time getting the idiots to put them on the front. Just my $0.02.

FredB
'66 Toronado - did they really make them that early?
I know what you mean, though - numb-nut SOB's think they know your car better than you ... :soapbox:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
dcarr66 said:
I asked the lube place to do my diff fluid today while I got the oil changed, and the idiot told me I didn't have a differential since the trep is FWD. Duh.
That is now in my top 10 list of funniest things I have ever heard lol, well I don't have a list... but If I did :)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top