DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Hi!!

3K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  BlueOmega 
You asked about speed:

0-60 8.9 secs (some mags say 8.6, but majority say 8.9)

1/4 16.6 secs @ 86 mph (undisputed)

Top speed 140mph (drag limited)

(this is assuming that you have the 3.5L in your ES, if you have the 3.3, you don't want to know acceration times :) )

Yeah, he was right, I've seen 10.3 secs and 9.5 as well, I don't know if the 9.5 was a slow 3.5L or a fast 3.3L. Considering your self esteem is rock bottom, I won't bother looking up your 1/4mile times for your sake.
(Unless you want me to)

Pimped, for your sake I looked it up
According to Car&Driver

A vision (basically the same as intrepid)
0-60 10.4 secs, 17.7secs 1/4 mile, top speed 125mph.

At least you made some improvement over stock numbers, not much though.

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Black94ES ]

Your going to like this even less Pimped, I broke out my Dec 1996 Motor Trend and found a 94 Intrepid 0-60 10.3secs, 1/4mile 17.5secs @ 77.7 mph.

If I had done an intake and exhaust I would expect to take off at least 1 sec of 1/4mile time.

If anyone else has custom intake (preferably 3.5L) and exhaust AND has 1/4mile times please let me know what they are so I can decide whether or not to save my money.

Or sell your car and get one with a 3.5L engine, I doubt it would cost a lot more. Try to find one with an Auto-stick, I don't know when they came out in Intrepid's (1997?)
But in the Vision they were out in 1995.

Originally posted by pimped3point3:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....*whew*
It's a long shot, but spending more than $600 canadian for a car to go .4 secs faster in the 1/4 mile doesn't seem worth it for me, just yet. Maybe when I get a new tranny and chip the ECU.

Looks like you got a good deal, but for me I need a stainless steel or aluminum exhaust due to premature rust and that's gonna cost a lot. As for the intake, I'd never make one my self. I'm not taking any risk of getting any moisture into my engine.

And you got it for that price???!!! Damn I wish I lived near you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.