DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Hi!!

3K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  BlueOmega 
#1 ·
I'm new to the auto world.. expecially with a car, my car knowlegde is limited to what I learned in auto shop in highschool.. A year ago I bought a Dodge Inrepid ES 1995, It sucks!!! but it grow on me ever since I purchased a new transmission in it, and it looks like I'm going to keep it for a very long time. What can I do with this car??? I mean make it look cool or do something cool? I like to have some guidance on this.. All I have is what orginally comes with it, and I like it to go fast and look cool, but I have no experince in that, but I'm willing to learn.
P.S. That wierd looking mini knob on the dashboard, is that a light sensor? and if it is, it might be broken cause its not turning the lights on automatically.
:rolleyes:

Discussion starter · #3 ·
How about raise it and put a spoiler on it? I go off roading with it.. trust me this intrepid is great off road.. hehehe.. hit those jeep trails with it... ok I'm crazy but this thing can take it.. I wonder what a raised intrepid looks like.. need more clearance.. now what about speed?

Discussion starter · #8 ·
gound effects.. duh!! *spacks his head* ok I feel stupied..
Yes mine does sound its horn when I lock it with the remote, but I don't see no blinking on the knob thing.. ok.. so mine is a gen 1 right? anyone elses come with Track Control? Does it really work or is it for looks?
Anyone else having rust problems with their Treps? Mine is bad, being in NJ... what can you do about it???

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Its not on the body, its.. well its hard to explain for a totally incompent person like myself.. When I change my tires, the rust along the stud .. is there away to prevent that?
The body looks good, just a few scratches here and there, but no rust.. and underneath is a bit rusty..

Discussion starter · #12 ·
This board is great, I'm glad I ran into it, I feel a bit proud to have a Interpid.. even though I only know one thing about it, pedal down and watch the RPM gage!!! great stories.. I raced my Trep a bunch of times, one race starting at the NJ TurnPike, thru the NewYork ThruWay, To Montreal!!! Only stopped for fuel 3 times.... got pulled over getting back.. great speed ticket.. 120 on a 65 zone .. The cop asked me you know how fast your going, I said 67.. He like yelled at me said that I was crazy and should be locked up.. only got fined for $150..
I drove this car coast to coast.. I think about nicknaming her the "Runner"

Discussion starter · #26 ·
*hears his self esteem just crash against wall* *boom* .. so I don't have a cool car :(
so adding some of the stuff that was mention might make it cool?

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: BlueOmega ]

Discussion starter · #41 ·
*busy taking notes*
ok... now anyone got some advice for burn marks on the seats, might be cig burns..Replace the seats? or is there away to take the cover off and put another one on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.