DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Yeah, he was right, I've seen 10.3 secs and 9.5 as well, I don't know if the 9.5 was a slow 3.5L or a fast 3.3L. Considering your self esteem is rock bottom, I won't bother looking up your 1/4mile times for your sake.
(Unless you want me to)

It's not "bad" persay, just not powerful. It's a very reliable motor. Much more so than the 3.5L. But on the other hand the 3.5L has butt loads more power. Just shows that you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I just can't get over the number of 1st gen ES cars on this site that got stuck with the 3.3L v6. That seems like a waste of the badging and side skirts to me...

Pimped, for your sake I looked it up
According to Car&Driver

A vision (basically the same as intrepid)
0-60 10.4 secs, 17.7secs 1/4 mile, top speed 125mph.

At least you made some improvement over stock numbers, not much though.

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Black94ES ]

Originally posted by Black94ES:
At least you made some improvement over stock numbers, not much though.

What do you expect with just an intake and exhaust. It's not like I gained 50hp or like I will ever get it near a 3.5L

Discussion starter · #26 ·
*hears his self esteem just crash against wall* *boom* .. so I don't have a cool car :(
so adding some of the stuff that was mention might make it cool?

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: BlueOmega ]

Your going to like this even less Pimped, I broke out my Dec 1996 Motor Trend and found a 94 Intrepid 0-60 10.3secs, 1/4mile 17.5secs @ 77.7 mph.

If I had done an intake and exhaust I would expect to take off at least 1 sec of 1/4mile time.

If anyone else has custom intake (preferably 3.5L) and exhaust AND has 1/4mile times please let me know what they are so I can decide whether or not to save my money.

Or sell your car and get one with a 3.5L engine, I doubt it would cost a lot more. Try to find one with an Auto-stick, I don't know when they came out in Intrepid's (1997?)
But in the Vision they were out in 1995.

Originally posted by pimped3point3:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....*whew*
It's a long shot, but spending more than $600 canadian for a car to go .4 secs faster in the 1/4 mile doesn't seem worth it for me, just yet. Maybe when I get a new tranny and chip the ECU.

Looks like you got a good deal, but for me I need a stainless steel or aluminum exhaust due to premature rust and that's gonna cost a lot. As for the intake, I'd never make one my self. I'm not taking any risk of getting any moisture into my engine.

And you got it for that price???!!! Damn I wish I lived near you.

yeah but... Pimped's exhaust is straight after the cat to duals dumping out in front of the rear wheels. That all translates to about maybe 10 feet of stainless exhaust tubing and then having the mounts & tubes welded. He doesn't have any mufflers.

You will need considerably more pipe and then the added cost of mufflers to get it to exit from under the rear bumper, which is really the only legal way to route exhaust, I think...

Originally posted by swartlkk:
which is really the only legal way to route exhaust, I think...
That is correct. It is illegal to drop the exhaust like I did on a passenger car. I have gotten many compliments from police officers, so I am not worried about a ticket. :)

For only $250 I added a lighted rear spoiler and tinted my windows. That helps out the visual appeal a lot!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.